Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I love my girlfriend but just really don't enjoy sex what should I do?? Watch

I've been with my girlfriend about a year . She's an amazing person but, I hate to say, awful in bed. I just don't enjoy neither can I bring myself to enjoy it. I've started university and have had lots of advantages from attractive girls in Durham; it would absolutely pain me to break up with her as I love her but i feel completely starved of sex. What do I honestly do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been with my girlfriend about a year . She's an amazing person but, I hate to say, awful in bed. I just don't enjoy neither can I bring myself to enjoy it. I've started university and have had lots of advantages from attractive girls in Durham; it would absolutely pain me to break up with her as I love her but i feel completely starved of sex. What do I honestly do?
    Tell her the truth, you guys can work on in; discuss it with her, give her tips, help her to be better! That's what a real man would do

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her about it , help her ‘improve’. If you love her it’ll be worth it to tell her .
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    What do you mean by awful in bed? You should tell her how she can improve.

ReputationRep:
    How? You're the lad so take control, encourage her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    COMMUNICATE! So many people on here who say they're having troubles with their partner tell a bunch of strangers on the internet instead of the person who actually needs to hear it and my feathers are too ruffled about it. "Listen, I have something I need to tell you but I don't want it to turn into a fight. I'm not really enjoying the sex we're having. I want it to get better so I think we need to try new things, and there's some things I want you to try on me" or something like that. How can you expect her to know she isn't good if you don't tell her? Do it nicely and calmly, not in a way that'll make her feel embarrassed (i.e. not during or immediately after sex).

She's not going to suddenly improve, either teach her how you like it or leave the poor girl alone

ReputationRep:
    And if it's still going nowhere, you're going to have to decide if 'good' sex is a need for you in relationships.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.