Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone at Bath Spa knows how to structure a personal statement for combined courses? I'm interested in their drama and education studies and have wrote up drafts of my personal statements but I don't know how to structure it for the combined courses? There's only so many characters you can have and its hard to fit everything in that you want to say about one subject, let alone two!
    Any help would be great!

ReputationRep:
    If you're are applying to a joint/combined course then half your personal statement should reflect your enthusiasm for *subject 1* e.g. drama, and the other half about *subject 2* educational studies. This is because 2 different admissions tutors will be reading your personal statement so both tutors need to be convinced you love their subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.H.Rahman)
    If you're are applying to a joint/combined course then half your personal statement should reflect your enthusiasm for *subject 1* e.g. drama, and the other half about *subject 2* educational studies. This is because 2 different admissions tutors will be reading your personal statement so both tutors need to be convinced you love their subject.
    Thank you! That is a massive help! Do you do a combined course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phob123)
    Thank you! That is a massive help! Do you do a combined course?
    I am in the process of applying to University just like you! I've just been to a few personal statement lectures which have informed me about everything I need to know. I can give the link to the best one I've seen by far if you like It's gold.

ReputationRep:
    I am in the process of applying to University just like you! I've just been to a few personal statement lectures which have informed me about everything I need to know. I can give the link to the best one I've seen by far if you like It's gold.
    Oh cool! Yeah that would be great! What courses are you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phob123)
    Oh cool! Yeah that would be great! What courses are you looking at?
    Personal Statement Crash Course:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQ3MJgdkJY

I've already applied for my Uni's for Material Science and Engineering

ReputationRep:
    Personal Statement Crash Course:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQ3MJgdkJY

I've already applied for my Uni's for Material Science and Engineering
    Thanks for the link! Ah hope you get the offers you want!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.