Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

What is the calculation for working out the hourly rate from the annual salary?

Annual salary divided by ??????

Help.

ReputationRep:
    Divide by 52 for weekly then divide again by number of hours contracted to work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    Divide by 52 for weekly then divide again by number of hours contracted to work
    Thanks. That is what I thought. However, my employer owes me for part of a month. They have calculated as

annual salary/ 12= monthly salary.

Monthly salary/ number of days in October i.e 31 = daily pay.

Daily pay/number of hours per day worked.

This works out a much lower figure.

Can't see where the error lies.

ReputationRep:
    31 days is not the number of working days in October (unless contracted to work 7 days a week)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonthegreat)
    Thanks. That is what I thought. However, my employer owes me for part of a month. They have calculated as

annual salary/ 12= monthly salary.

Monthly salary/ number of days in October i.e 31 = daily pay.

Daily pay/number of hours per day worked.

This works out a much lower figure.

Can't see where the error lies.
    Your employer is an absolute moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahjahn)
    31 days is not the number of working days in October (unless contracted to work 7 days a week)
    Definitely not. I am contracted to work 37 hours per week. How do I get this sorted.

ReputationRep:
    You can’t. If you’re on a salary paid monthly that’s it.

ReputationRep:
    You can’t. If you’re on a salary paid monthly that’s it.

So how would calculate pay if you worked part of a month? They ain't going to pay me for a full month.

ReputationRep:

So how would calculate pay if you worked part of a month? They ain't going to pay me for a full month.
    Annual salary divided by number of working days per year. ( include holiday entitlement and bank holidays). I’d guess just knock off weekends so 365-104=261.
    Then multiply by days worked. Don’t forget to deduct tax etc from tgst

ReputationRep:

Calculate the number of hours you're contracted to work per annum, divide your salary by this amount, then multiply by the number of additional hours: it really is that simple.

ReputationRep:
    Annual salary divided by number of working days per year. ( include holiday entitlement and bank holidays). I’d guess just knock off weekends so 365-104=261.
    Then multiply by days worked. Don’t forget to deduct tax etc from tgst
    Cheers. So if you are on an annual salary and you have worked one week that is monday to friday and then monday and friday the 2nd week. How would you do the calculation. I am contracted to work 37 hours per week over 5 days.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers. So if you are on an annual salary and you have worked one week that is monday to friday and then monday and friday the 2nd week. How would you do the calculation. I am contracted to work 37 hours per week over 5 days.
    annual salary divided by 261 multiplied by 10

That’s your gross pay
    Then you’ll minus tax NI and any other deductions such as pension

ReputationRep:
    annual salary divided by 261 multiplied by 10

That’s your gross pay
    Then you’ll minus tax NI and any other deductions such as pension
    why 261 and 10

ReputationRep:
    why 261 and 10
    Because if you work Monday to Friday there are 261 working days a year
    You’ve worked 10

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.