Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Was wondering what everyones experience of being a fresher at bath spa has been like?
    A few questions...
    What seems to be the best accommodation? (I liked the look of gardens on the open day)
    What are the lecturers like?
    What is the nightlife like?
    Do people go into Bristol much for nights out?
    How often do people go into Baths city?
    Anything you recommend having been a fresher at Bath Spa?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phob123)
    Hi!
    Was wondering what everyones experience of being a fresher at bath spa has been like?
    A few questions...
    What seems to be the best accommodation? (I liked the look of gardens on the open day)
    What are the lecturers like?
    What is the nightlife like?
    Do people go into Bristol much for nights out?
    How often do people go into Baths city?
    Anything you recommend having been a fresher at Bath Spa?
    Thanks!
    Hey, I’m a third year who has helped on every freshers since I started uni! I loved my first year at the uni and so glad I made the decision to go here.

Accommodation wise I lived off site at waterside court and found I had the best of both worlds where I was half way between newton park campus and the city. I also go to live right next to Lidl meaning i had very cheap weekly shop! The choice really comes down to if you would find it easier to get into lessons or to get into town.

I study creative media practice and my lecturers for most of my modules have been really good. They are all currently working in industry and have been able to connect me with people in the media industry to increase chances of employment after graduation.

Bath has an interesting nightlife, there is something for everyone really with all music genre being played in the clubs, lots of deals in the bars for students. Bath is also really interesting to just walk around at night.

I have known people go to Bristol for a bigger night out but most are happy with baths nightlife.

I just recommend trying everything the city and the university has to offer.

Liam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebrokentripod)
    Hey, I’m a third year who has helped on every freshers since I started uni! I loved my first year at the uni and so glad I made the decision to go here.

Accommodation wise I lived off site at waterside court and found I had the best of both worlds where I was half way between newton park campus and the city. I also go to live right next to Lidl meaning i had very cheap weekly shop! The choice really comes down to if you would find it easier to get into lessons or to get into town.

I study creative media practice and my lecturers for most of my modules have been really good. They are all currently working in industry and have been able to connect me with people in the media industry to increase chances of employment after graduation.

Bath has an interesting nightlife, there is something for everyone really with all music genre being played in the clubs, lots of deals in the bars for students. Bath is also really interesting to just walk around at night.

I have known people go to Bristol for a bigger night out but most are happy with baths nightlife.

I just recommend trying everything the city and the university has to offer.

Liam
    Hi! Thanks for letting me know, really interesting to hear from a current student! I had never thought about living off campus first year, just thought it was standard to live on site, but that's definitely an option I will remember now.
    Now just gotta hope I can get in!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the majority of accommodation at spa is off-site. I loved it tbh but yeah just something to bear in mind

(Original post by phob123)
    Hi! Thanks for letting me know, really interesting to hear from a current student! I had never thought about living off campus first year, just thought it was standard to live on site, but that's definitely an option I will remember now.
    Now just gotta hope I can get in!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.