The Student Room Group

Senior Maths Challenge 2017 Boundaries

Hey, I just did the Senior Maths Challenge today as a year 11. Judging by the solutions I received, I believe I got 71, but for one of the questions I can’t remember what I put so it may be 76 I’m not certain. Even if I got 71, anyone with past experience of the smc or anyone who did it this year have any idea what kind of level that would be e.g, bronze/silver (I know it won’t be gold)? I’m quite worried about it seeing as I really wanted a silver in my first year😂
Reply 1
That would most definitely be a silver if you do get 71
Reply 2
Original post by _Kitty_
Hey, I just did the Senior Maths Challenge today as a year 11. Judging by the solutions I received, I believe I got 71, but for one of the questions I can’t remember what I put so it may be 76 I’m not certain. Even if I got 71, anyone with past experience of the smc or anyone who did it this year have any idea what kind of level that would be e.g, bronze/silver (I know it won’t be gold)? I’m quite worried about it seeing as I really wanted a silver in my first year😂

Probably silver.
do you think 85 (year 10) will be good enough for SKANG or gold
What do you think the Olympiad boundary will be? I heard it was harder than last year, so I'm hoping my 101 will make the cut...
Reply 5
How are you people so smart? I’m jealous😂 After looking back at the paper I realised there were a couple of questions I could’ve answered but didn’t. Agh. Next time.Really? I’ve not done it before so I don’t know whether it was easier or harder, but typically 100 tends to be the mark they enter people in for the BMO anyway I think.
Deleted now
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Does anyone know when the boundaries will be released?
Reply 8
Original post by elisrob
Does anyone know when the boundaries will be released?

Around a week or two from when the challenge was
Original post by StayWoke
Around a week or two from when the challenge was

Tomorrow, it is on their twitter page

Quick Reply

Latest