Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of me? Watch

I'm genuinely sadistic and would get pleasure from beating people/animals in a non sexual context (not like bdsm).

I do not act on my urges at all (although I did when I was younger and regret it every day) and feel extremely guilty for being this way

I was raised in an abusive/poor/single mother household which I expect is why I'm like this.

I was also a straight A*/the top student with very little effort which I don't really feel I deserve to be when I was such a ****** person towards everyone back then.

I appear socially normal in real life, although I avoid making close friends due to lack of trust in anyone.

Would you be friends with someone like this (providing you got on well with them obviously)?

Do you hope people like me commit suicide?

Or just in general what do you think?

I would be extremely grateful if you were honest and I'm mentally stable/not suicidal so it whatever you say won't have any negative effects in real life.

ReputationRep:
    u need therapy

ReputationRep:
    As long as they have the ability to reflect on their past mistakes, sure, why not?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think your household was abusive? Was it religion or mental health or...? Sounds like it really negatively affected you

ReputationRep:
    Some aspects of your condition relate to various psychological theories such as affectionless psychopathy where people may struggle to empathise with others - or possibly have a neural 'switch' (mirror neurons) which is not always activated allowing them to feel empathy. According to such theories such characteristics can be caused by dysfunctional upbringing. This is also reflected in your lack of trust and such individuals can often be highly intelligent. However, as is usually the case in real life you do not fit in with a particular theory. I have clarified this from my original comment though I only stated an opinion because you were asking for help. If you want an accurate diagnosis, visit a psychiatrist and don't ask people on the internet who know very little about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm genuinely sadistic and would get pleasure from beating people/animals in a non sexual context (not like bdsm).

I do not act on my urges at all (although I did when I was younger and regret it every day) and feel extremely guilty for being this way

I was raised in an abusive/poor/single mother household which I expect is why I'm like this.

I was also a straight A*/the top student with very little effort which I don't really feel I deserve to be when I was such a ****** person towards everyone back then.

I appear socially normal in real life, although I avoid making close friends due to lack of trust in anyone.

Would you be friends with someone like this (providing you got on well with them obviously)?

I would be extremely grateful if you were honest and I'm mentally stable/not suicidal so it whatever you say won't have any negative effects in real life.
    I personally wouldn`t see a reason to not be friends with someone like you, since you know that you shouldn`t and don`t act upon your urges. Sometimes we take pleasure in doing things that are wrong - sometimes without noticing, so the fact that you distinguish it as immoral behaviour tells a lot about your personality.
    I would say not to be harsh on yourself in this manner, since you are not a bad person from what I have gathered. We all make mistakes and learning from them is what counts (and which you have done). I understand why you would feel guilty about doing such things to people and animals but the fact that you feel guilty means your conscience disagrees with what youre doing - i.e you have a conscience

Also maybe do some more research into non sexual sadism - it`s way more common than you think and if i remember correctly I came across non sexual masochism too.

I hope that`s helped answer your question

ReputationRep:
    why not be friends ☺
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by chanel_666)
    u need therapy
    I'm hoping to find out how taboo this is, and then maybe going for sessions. If it's completely unacceptable then I can't really go incase I get found out in real life.

(Original post by JDieMstr)
    As long as they have the ability to reflect on their past mistakes, sure, why not?
    Yes I can, I am not a "psychopath" or whatever it is where they can't feel empathy

(Original post by amaraub)
    Why do you think your household was abusive? Was it religion or mental health or...? Sounds like it really negatively affected you
    Constant manipulation/threats which left me on edge all the time, I slept with a knife under my pillow when I was about 13 since it made me feels safe. (I've left home now as well)

(Original post by Spider&TheFly)
    That sounds like what we've done in psychology is affectionless psychopathy
    from google:
    Affectionless psychopathy is a term coined by John Bowlby that describes individuals who cannot exhibit caring behaviors, concern, or affection for other people. They don't have empathy for others. They show no or very little remorse, guilt, shame, or contrition for their bad deeds.

I feel genuine affection/care to some people like my gran/auntie and do feel guilt/remorse/shame, so honestly I don't really think I fit that description. If I didn't feel guilt/shame I wouldn't be posting here.

(Original post by Mimi9335)
    I personally wouldn`t see a reason to not be friends with someone like you, since you know that you shouldn`t and don`t act upon your urges. Sometimes we take pleasure in doing things that are wrong - sometimes without noticing, so the fact that you distinguish it as immoral behaviour tells a lot about your personality.
    I would say not to be harsh on yourself in this manner, since you are not a bad person from what I have gathered. We all make mistakes and learning from them is what counts (and which you have done). I understand why you would feel guilty about doing such things to people and animals but the fact that you feel guilty means your conscience disagrees with what youre doing - i.e you have a conscience

Also maybe do some more research into non sexual sadism - it`s way more common than you think and if i remember correctly I came across non sexual masochism too.

Thanks for the reply, it's nice to know there are at least a few people who distinguish between people who act and don't act.

(Original post by Imala)
    why not be friends ☺
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Try combat sports or get into a relationship with someone who's into that.

I do not act on my urges at all (although I did when I was younger and regret it every day) and feel extremely guilty for being this way.
    Are you that person who microwaved a baby turtled?

It could also be genetics.

What does being a **** have to do with your academic achievements?

Are you paranoid?

Ja. I'm everyone's friend unless you give me a reason not to be.

No. That is a waste of my energy.

I don't give a ****.

Are you sure you're mentally stable?

Oh, and we have a lot in common except that I am not animal abuser, a ****, have loads of As/A*s at GCSE, or raised by a single mom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimi9335)

so would you be friends with a person who claims they're a pedofile and loves kids but has never touched a kid sexually or ever plans to or ever will do?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, friendships are based on imperfect people. No one is more imperfect than someone else. so yes, definitely would befriend you <33

secondly- are you sure you don't want therapy. I say this as lovingly as I can through this media.

(Original post by num.7)
    Try combat sports or get into a relationship with someone who's into that.

Are you that person who microwaved a baby turtled?

It could also be genetics.

What does being a **** have to do with your academic achievements?

Are you paranoid?

Ja. I'm everyone's friend unless you give me a reason not to be.

No. That is a waste of my energy.

I don't give a ****.

Are you sure you're mentally stable?
    Maybe it's genetics, maybe it's not but it seems better if I can blame it on someone else I guess. I feel guilty for being successful despite being horrible, as if I didn't deserve it. I'm not paranoid but don't trust anyone in real life, and am at least mentally stable enough to appear "normal".

(Original post by will'o'wisp2)
    so would you be friends with a person who claims they're a pedofile and loves kids but has never touched a kid sexually or ever plans to or ever will do?
    This is what I expect would happen if I ever got "found out" in real life. Pedos who don't act on it and never plan to are treated the exact same way as the ones who do.

(Original post by hannah429)
    Firstly, friendships are based on imperfect people. No one is more imperfect than someone else. so yes, definitely would befriend you <33

secondly- are you sure you don't want therapy. I say this as lovingly as I can through this media.
    I do want therapy, but am worried about being treated the same way as non acting pedos. Kind of want to gauge how people would react in real life first.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to find out how taboo this is, and then maybe going for sessions. If it's completely unacceptable then I can't really go incase I get found out in real life.
    What's taboo?

ReputationRep:
    This is what I expect would happen if I ever got "found out" in real life. Pedos who don't act on it and never plan to are treated the exact same way as the ones who do.

I do want therapy, but am worried about being treated the same way as non acting pedos. Kind of want to gauge how people would react in real life first.
    This exactly, what is the line of acceptable and unacceptable?

(Original post by num.7)
    What's taboo?
    Being sadistic is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider&TheFly)
    That sounds like what we've done in psychology is affectionless psychopathy
    You'll go far.

ReputationRep:
    Being sadistic is.
    I'm sadistic too but I don't think it's taboo??

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's genetics, maybe it's not but it seems better if I can blame it on someone else I guess. I feel guilty for being successful despite being horrible, as if I didn't deserve it. I'm not paranoid but don't trust anyone in real life, and am at least mentally stable enough to appear "normal".
    Let me get this straight: you feel bad about being sadistic or do you feel bad about the things that you've done that are cruel?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.