Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Honestly guys, do you believe in love? and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by islemcea)
    OK

ReputationRep:
    ye it's dopamine in your brain when you fancy someone

ReputationRep:
    hi
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    it's all lies darling, lool joking
    I believe love does exist, and that we receive that love everyday, through family, or people who enter our life and have a good impact

ReputationRep:
    Overrated as f*ck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    ye it's dopamine in your brain when you fancy someone
    isnt that like temporary?

ReputationRep:
    I only believe love which stems from 1 type of love can last forever.
    Sure it's real.

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course it is!!!!!!!

(Original post by ahlaladolly)
    it's all lies darling, lool joking
    I believe love does exist, and that we receive that love everyday, through family, or people who enter our life and have a good impact
    I honestly feel like apart from the love we have for our family, you just cant truly love someone in like a romantic way forever?

ReputationRep:

are u asking if people believe love exists/ is possible or if we believe its good/worthwhile

ReputationRep:
    isnt that like temporary?
    think it happens less the longer you're with them.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuttlebone)
    are u asking if people believe love exists/ is possible or if we believe its good/worthwhile
    I just want an overall opinion and 'review'... but I guess whether it is good is a good question, but I guess that just depends on the type of relationship...

Depends who it is for. For example, family love differs from the love you feel for your significant other.

Personally, I think love isn't really real since you can't put a value on it, its not an object, you can't feel it and everyone feels it differently so how exactly can you measure each others' love? Same goes for any other emotion.

Maybe I'm just bitter and salty due to past relationships; I feel as if lust plays a bigger part than love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I honestly feel like apart from the love we have for our family, you just cant truly love someone in like a romantic way forever?
    I think I would be able to love someone forever, and that person only
    I guess comittment and stuff
    It's strange to say the least bc I've never been in a relationship but I'm always giving out my friends advice? Lmao?

ReputationRep:
    Love is a neurochemical con job designed to trick us into multiplying so our species don't go extinct lol

Depends who it is for. For example, family love differs from the love you feel for your significant other.

Personally, I think love isn't really real since you can't put a value on it, its not an object, you can't feel it and everyone feels it differently so how exactly can you measure each others' love? Same goes for any other emotion.

Maybe I'm just bitter and salty due to past relationships; I feel as if lust plays a bigger part than love.
    Yeah i feel like thats a very good reply, I agree with you, and also, I feel as after sometime the love runs out?

ReputationRep:

Can probably measure it by the number of happy chemicals getting put out in the brain when you see the other person. Brain scans etc.

Theres a video on youtube of a couple having sex in an MRI scanner and the scientists were checking out the MRI brain activitiy etc lol

ReputationRep:
    I believe in love and I believe there’s a fairytale for everyone❣️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.