Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    love is a thing, its just a question of if it's for everyone or not. 99% of the time it's initially dependent on physical attraction so if you're clapped like me you're lowkey-highkey screwed. But then again there are like, billions of people out there so chances are at least 1 person wont find you physically grotesque (by you I dont mean you) so, every cloud, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I loved my first husband and still do. He died of Motor Neurone Disease when our daughter was one week old. I remarried but it was never the same.

(Original post by Seamus123)
    I loved my first husband and still do. He died of Motor Neurone Disease when our daughter was one week old. I remarried but it was never the same.
    Im sorry to hear that, sounds quite sad. I hope youre able to love again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im sorry to hear that, sounds quite sad. I hope youre able to love again...
    No chance. Been divorced since 1983 - it was nasty and found out some stuff about my ex. Never again. I like being on my own. I have my 7 children and 16 soon to be 17 grandchildren. X

Ask me this 6 months ago, I'd say no chance. Feeling close, yes. Due to stories and movies. However after meeting someone 6 months ago and being with them for 3 months I have become head over heels. Call me cringe all you like, I agree. However I definitely believe in love once you find it

ReputationRep:
    Ofc it’s real
    I LOVE Allah and my parents 😁

ReputationRep:
    I love pizza.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by islemcea)
    Honestly guys, do you believe in love? and why?
    Yeah I believe in love but I think it’s abit stupid how people throw it around and claim a crush to be love. It makes love itself sound dumb and overrated when it’s not. And think about it , if you can love someone then surely in possible to be IN love with someone
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Love use to be very real and we showed our love in many different ways, here s the kicker which is why kids are asking the asking the question .Love has to be done in person its a one on one thing.,you cant download it, or text there is no software , again i say its funny old thing love it has to happen in person, in the same room together side by side and that my friends is why you kids are wondering if its real.

ReputationRep:
    I believe in love completely. But I think people say it too much without meaning it or mistaking lust for love. If you truly love someone you will always love them whether your together or not. You’ll do anything for that person. Obviously love for your family is different, it’s unconditional. No matter what they do you still love them.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clairemitch31)
    I believe in love completely. But I think people say it too much without meaning it or mistaking lust for love. If you truly love someone you will always love them whether your together or not. You’ll do anything for that person. Obviously love for your family is different, it’s unconditional. No matter what they do you still love them.
    Hi, you hit it on the head hun, the word love has lost its true meaning ,it is also getting harder to find in world that is changing so fast most don t even notice . terry

ReputationRep:
    No. Love is ********!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Love is real.

Most poignant thing I ever read was written on a headstone. It very eloquently described with brevity, love in it's entirety:

"Here lies two friends at the end of one life".

To have that kind of love and to have it witnessed by close friends and family, is a precious gift.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.