Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wondering if anyone got into or knows someone who got into LSE with "alright" GCSE's??

I got:
    English Lang:A
    Geography:B
    English Lit:B
    Art:A
    French:B
    Business Studies:C
    Maths: C
    Science (double award): D/E

They are okay grades...

Need advice so that I can stop bothering even considering going here if i can't as an option. I realllyyyyy wanna get into a Russel group :/

ReputationRep:
    LSE ask for a majority of A and A* at gcse, which you obviously don’t have. I think your chances of an offer are quite low if A*s are just your predicted A level grades. However, if you have already achieved them, then you would have a much better chance.

Also, just because LSE is slightly out of reach for you doesn’t mean all Russell group unis are. Depending on how competitive the course you’re applying for is, you should look at places like Cardiff, Queen Mary’s, Nottingham, Manchester, Birmingham etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)
    LSE ask for a majority of A and A* at gcse, which you obviously don’t have. I think your chances of an offer are quite low if A*s are just your predicted A level grades. However, if you have already achieved them, then you would have a much better chance.

Also, just because LSE is slightly out of reach for you doesn’t mean all Russell group unis are. Depending on how competitive the course you’re applying for is, you should look at places like Cardiff, Queen Mary’s, Nottingham, Manchester, Birmingham etc.
    Okay, thank you!! I needed closure

ReputationRep:
    LSE is an economics school and maths grade looks a bit low since you are considering LSE. So I advise that you don't bother because the chances are of you getting in a very unlikely. By the way, this is not putting you of in anyway but it is your choice and I just said what I think! I am in Year 12 so I may be wrong.

This is what it exactly says on the LSE website:

'All applicants are expected to have at least grade B in GCSE English Language and Mathematics or the equivalent, although exceptions are made for applicants with extenuating circumstances.

As competition for places at LSE is intense, we look for applicants who have achieved highly at GCSE (multiple A or A* grades), particularly within the context of their school.
    Some programmes require grades higher than B in GCSE Mathematics and these are outlined in the individual programme pages.
    '

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukvoltaire)
    LSE is an economics school and maths grade looks a bit low since you are considering LSE. So I advise that you don't bother because the chances are of you getting in a very unlikely. By the way, this is not putting you of in anyway but it is your choice and I just said what I think! I am in Year 12 so I may be wrong.

This is what it exactly says on the LSE website:

'All applicants are expected to have at least grade B in GCSE English Language and Mathematics or the equivalent, although exceptions are made for applicants with extenuating circumstances.

As competition for places at LSE is intense, we look for applicants who have achieved highly at GCSE (multiple A or A* grades), particularly within the context of their school.
    Some programmes require grades higher than B in GCSE Mathematics and these are outlined in the individual programme pages.'
    Ohh right, makes sense, thanks again!! I appreciate the replies, and i will have a look at other universities!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monzi6120)
    Wondering if anyone got into or knows someone who got into LSE with "alright" GCSE's??

I got:
    English Lang:A
    Geography:B
    English Lit:B
    Art:A
    French:B
    Business Studies:C
    Maths: C
    Science (double award): D/E

They are okay grades...

Need advice so that I can stop bothering even considering going here if i can't as an option. I realllyyyyy wanna get into a Russel group :/
    I think the average number of A*s is like 5 or something so LSE is a risk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.