The Student Room Group

My best friend prefers her boyfriend over me?

Recently, myself and my best friend have fallen out because I feel as though she is choosing her bf over me when it comes to hanging out. I don't really know if I am in the wrong or not.

I had asked her if she wanted to come to the cinema with me on Saturday and she said she was too busy babysitting? But then, she spent the evening with her boyfriend, meaning that she wasn't too busy babysitting at all? Then, I have also noticed that she started hiding things from me and stopped telling me things, leaving no topics for conversation. Whenever I would accidentally find something out that she had done and confront her about it, she would say "I am sure I have told you".

I don't know what to do anymore.

Scroll to see replies

well she doesn't owe you her time lol.
Reply 2
Original post by ChickenMadness
well she doesn't owe you her time lol.

Isn't she supposed to be my best friend though...?
Is her relationship new?
Reply 4
Original post by daisyalice01
Is her relationship new?

About 3 weeks to a month, so yeah... more or less so
Original post by Unicorneyy
Isn't she supposed to be my best friend though...?

you don't have to be together all the time. You probably need to find other ways to occupy your free time since she's got more going on in her life now.
Reply 6
Original post by ChickenMadness
you don't have to be together all the time. You probably need to find other ways to occupy your free time since she's got more going on in her life now.

I suppose, but to say we haven't really spent time together for 3 months now, if not more...
In her 3 weeks of relationship she has spent more time with her bf, than with me in the 3 months added together.
About 3 weeks to a month, so yeah... more or less so

Perhaps it could just be that because it’s new she’s in her ‘honeymoon’ stage with him, I was the same when I got into my relationship but about 4months in so it wasn’t exactly nice for my friends, but unfortunately people tend to not think much about how it effects others, perhaps it’s just because she wants to focus her attention on him because it’s new, give it a couple of weeks and then confront her in a less accusing tone
Probably I guess prepare for death and leave the situation only marrying is better.
You sound very needy
Reply 10
Original post by daisyalice01
give it a couple of weeks and then confront her in a less accusing tone

I have told her about how I feel, but she just says she can't please everyone. But at the same time, she said her getting into a relationships has got nothing to do with anything.
ok well how about u fight fire with fire , then you sit back and see how she likes it
Reply 12
Original post by Ray_Shadows
ok well how about u fight fire with fire , then you sit back and see how she likes it

What do you mean by that exactly?
D***s before chicks.
I have told her about how I feel, but she just says she can't please everyone. But at the same time, she said her getting into a relationships has got nothing to do with anything.

When people get into relationships, their outlook on life can change as they’re now influenced by someone else, if you’ve been friends for a long time maybe she feels you wouldn’t mind as much because she’s almost making up for lost time with her boyfriend because everything is new?
When people get into a relationship, especially if it's for the first time, they tend not to be very good at balancing it against their other relationships. It's a skill that has to be learned just like anything.
Reply 16
Original post by Crumpet1
When people get into a relationship, especially if it's for the first time, they tend not to be very good at balancing it against their other relationships. It's a skill that has to be learned just like anything.

meaning I should just allow it and wait for her to, almost, get bored?
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
D***s before chicks.

Erm absolutely NOT :laugh:
What do you mean by that exactly?

get a bf yourself and start spending more time with him , if your best friend cares enough she'll try to make things right with u again
Reply 19
Original post by Ray_Shadows
get a bf yourself and start spending more time with him , if your best friend cares enough she'll try to make things right with u again

I don't think she cares...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending