Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m going to sum this up..I’ve had it for about a week and a half, red bloodshot swollen puffy eyes, sticky mucus, stuck together in the morning, slight pain swollen lymph nodes around my ear... doctor suggested it was viral conjunctivitis and the eye drops I was given have gone past the date as if it says discard after 5 days but they told me to carry on. Still no improvement , went back to the doctor nothing new to say.. it’s not going away? Help!!! Any advice would be appreciated!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kels_lou47)
    I’m going to sum this up..I’ve had it for about a week and a half, red bloodshot swollen puffy eyes, sticky mucus, stuck together in the morning, slight pain swollen lymph nodes around my ear... doctor suggested it was viral conjunctivitis and the eye drops I was given have gone past the date as if it says discard after 5 days but they told me to carry on. Still no improvement , went back to the doctor nothing new to say.. it’s not going away? Help!!! Any advice would be appreciated!!!
    keep using drops, if it continues past 2 weeks see your doctor/another doctor may have become bacterial infection

ReputationRep:
    What drops did they give?
    The go to is chloramphenicol which can actually be bought over the counter. I always recommend people who have both eyes affected buy 2 bottles of drops, one for each eye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kels_lou47)
    hey i feel u last year a had the same thing only it went on for a month yes a month
    what happened to me was the eye drops the gave me i was allergic to so every time i put the drop in is felt like i was putting iching powder in my eye and also the whole of my eye are blow up and went red too so I went to the doctors a couple times and they told me to carry on with the drops until they realised i was allergic to the drop
    it may be ur allergic too the drops?
    tip boil some water add a little salt let it cool down and use a cotton pad to clean ur eyes it really helps i find especially if u put the water in the fridge and let it became reallly cold it helps cool down the area

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.