Turn on thread page Beta

Clumsily working my way through year twelve... watch

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 702162

Hello! Greetings! Welcome!

I am 'threecrayons1' - a current year twelve student studying in England for three A-Levels - Mathematics, English Literature, and Physics.

I've always hosted a rather 'all in' or 'all out' attitude to everything - including academics. That's why I've decided to start a GYG blog - I want to keep accountable for my studying and try and ensure that I can end up in the place I want to be at the end of next year. Recently, I've been diagnosed with dyslexia, so I want to also work on ways to work about this impediment!

GCSEs

I was (positively) surprised with the outcome of my GCSEs (sat in the summer) - attaining three '9's, five 'A*'s, two 'A's and two 'B's - as well as an 'A*' in Higher Project Qualification and an 'A' in the EPQ - which I did on the topic of e-books!

Goals for this year / sixth form in general

Grades-wise, I'd like to come out with three As by the end of A2, so that I can hopefully get into the University of Sheffield to do a course within the realm of Engineering. I've recently become quite set on this path - though I am open to change, I find it nice just to have something to focus towards meanwhile. I'm trying not to close any doors, as reflected by my A-Level choices!

Extra-curricular (let's go with five facts!)

- I love love love DofE and walking! At the moment, I'm working towards my Gold award, having Silver, Bronze and Diamond. I like to do sponsored walks w/ my friends, and I'm currently fundraising this academic year for Mind!
    - Debate is one of my passions and I currently run the school debate team!
    - I enjoy journalism, and currently write fortnightly for the international section in a local newspaper! I also reported on my city's science festival, and co-run my school's Science Magazine!
    - Sports-wise, I enjoy just general gym attendance, as well as Netball and Badminton - I play goal attack!
    - The Youth STEMM Award is a scheme which is starting to roll-out nationwide (if you're into science/maths, check it out, it's amazing!!), and I'm currently working towards Gold (68% to date) - I was one of the first six ever to receive silver.

Where do I work?

I have a really really really tiny room, but I make it work -

Name:  22686555_795897357280545_1512480556_n (1).jpg
Views: 27
Size:  12.7 KB

More information?

You can find some of my projects both old and new through the following links eeeeee:

www.substainablejourney.wordpress.com
    www.backpackopals.wordpress.com
    www.saaportfolio.workpress.com

This blog

My plan for this blog is to update with a post about this length 2-3 times per week. Obviously this will fluctuate, depending on the day-to-day stresses of these weeks, but yeah for now this is my target!

Also I'm literally so sorry for the overuse of (!) I'm just finding this very exciting aha.

I look forward to posting more and talking with you allllllll.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    :excited:

Keep me updated please.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.