Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 702162

Hello! Greetings! Welcome!

I am 'threecrayons1' - a current year twelve student studying in England for three A-Levels - Mathematics, English Literature, and Physics.

I've always hosted a rather 'all in' or 'all out' attitude to everything - including academics. That's why I've decided to start a GYG blog - I want to keep accountable for my studying and try and ensure that I can end up in the place I want to be at the end of next year. Recently, I've been diagnosed with dyslexia, so I want to also work on ways to work about this impediment!

GCSEs

I was (positively) surprised with the outcome of my GCSEs (sat in the summer) - attaining three '9's, five 'A*'s, two 'A's and two 'B's - as well as an 'A*' in Higher Project Qualification and an 'A' in the EPQ - which I did on the topic of e-books!

Goals for this year / sixth form in general

Grades-wise, I'd like to come out with three As by the end of A2, so that I can hopefully get into the University of Sheffield to do a course within the realm of Engineering. I've recently become quite set on this path - though I am open to change, I find it nice just to have something to focus towards meanwhile. I'm trying not to close any doors, as reflected by my A-Level choices!

Extra-curricular (let's go with five facts!)

- I love love love DofE and walking! At the moment, I'm working towards my Gold award, having Silver, Bronze and Diamond. I like to do sponsored walks w/ my friends, and I'm currently fundraising this academic year for Mind!
    - Debate is one of my passions and I currently run the school debate team!
    - I enjoy journalism, and currently write fortnightly for the international section in a local newspaper! I also reported on my city's science festival, and co-run my school's Science Magazine!
    - Sports-wise, I enjoy just general gym attendance, as well as Netball and Badminton - I play goal attack!
    - The Youth STEMM Award is a scheme which is starting to roll-out nationwide (if you're into science/maths, check it out, it's amazing!!), and I'm currently working towards Gold (68% to date) - I was one of the first six ever to receive silver.

Where do I work?

I have a really really really tiny room, but I make it work -

Name:  22686555_795897357280545_1512480556_n (1).jpg
Views: 20
Size:  12.7 KB

More information?

You can find some of my projects both old and new through the following links eeeeee:

www.substainablejourney.wordpress.com
    www.backpackopals.wordpress.com
    www.saaportfolio.workpress.com

This blog

My plan for this blog is to update with a post about this length 2-3 times per week. Obviously this will fluctuate, depending on the day-to-day stresses of these weeks, but yeah for now this is my target!

Also I'm literally so sorry for the overuse of (!) I'm just finding this very exciting aha.

I look forward to posting more and talking with you allllllll.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    :excited:

Keep me updated please.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.