Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

An unfortunate date I had... Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's very rare for me to be interested in a girl for dating potential rather than just sexual so I've only dated a few girls before and in my 20s.

Here's an unfortunate one I had... I spoke to this girl for a few months over WhatsApp. I really quite liked her, so eventually I met her irl.

Now here it is bad. The place we went to was meant to be a quiet pub, instead they're blasting music at jet plane decibels. Already bought drink so can't leave. Can't hear a word she's saying. She can't hear anything I'm saying. She tries to make a few jokes and I don't hear **** so it's awkward, none of mine hit. I become quite intoxicated as she's barely drinking and I have to hammer down half the bottle, and now it's really bad and I'm embarassing myself saying weird things.

And there are so many red flags about her she keeps letting slip. Like she'd purposefully hide the fact she has a boyfriend (if she had one) from social media, all of her best friends are men (a few who she can't see anymore because the guys' girlfriends won't allow her near them since they know her rep). She didn't know my name or my job even though we'd spoke for months, she had to "sneakily" extract it all out of me, which is frankly ludicrous.

Well that's the luck I have... I could tell it'd probably be unhealthy to be with the girl, yet I found myself absolutely captivated by her. Sadly there's zero chance I'll ever get to see her again anyway. For some reason I can't just get feels for someone that'd be good for me.

ReputationRep:
    woah.

ReputationRep:
    awalt

ldar

ReputationRep:
    sadly thats always going to be your fate, rocky dennis.

goes looks > everything else, even with women

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gneV5AQ6kk0/hqdefault.jpg

ReputationRep:
    For some reason loud bar music began playing in my head and I couldn't hear myself reading this post

ReputationRep:
    How is she going to have heard any of the 'weird' things you said if the music was as loud as you are saying it was?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.