Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Throughout school/col/uni life we meet a variety of people. Nowadays many people have trust issues and a lot of heart breaking arguments take place. Should you trust someone who knows things a lot of things about you but is nice (as they may blackmail you in the future). Who should you trust???
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hummy321786)
    Throughout school/col/uni life we meet a variety of people. Nowadays many people have trust issues and a lot of heart breaking arguments take place. Should you trust someone who knows things a lot of things about you but is nice (as they may blackmail you in the future). Who should you trust???
    This is an advice given to me a long time ago, You must trust nobody. No single person is what your trust.

People develop trust issues because of expectations and trust. Those who do not trust do not usually get disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    Trust no one. Only yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahlaladolly)
    Trust no one. Only yourself.
    A mute that can't write. Who are they gonna tell? :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: png90325FEF-8292-4EBD-BDB3-5D50A2FC84F0.png (339.7 KB)

ReputationRep:
    excuse me?
    (Original post by Future-Barista)
    A mute that can't write. Who are they gonna tell? :/

ReputationRep:
    your friends aren’t gonna be your friends forever, and most of the time it’s an issue of over sharing rather than trust
    I believe that you should never trust anyone completely and that everyone should aim to be independent in life, not relying on anyone for anything, but I’m a pessimist 🤷🏽*♀️
    obviously use your common sense though when deciding what to tell people, if you tell someone a really big secret and you don’t fully trust them and then tell people, then its kind of your fault as well, what did you expect

Be very, very careful about your top secrets (say top 5) but otherwise I would be as trusting as you can, because you cannot hope to build a meaningful relationship with anyone without it.

Remember, being trusting and open and honest does not mean that every friend needs to know your deepest, darkest secrets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oksafebye)
    your friends aren’t gonna be your friends forever, and most of the time it’s an issue of over sharing rather than trust
    I believe that you should never trust anyone completely and that everyone should aim to be independent in life, not relying on anyone for anything, but I’m a pessimist 🤷🏽*♀️
    obviously use your common sense though when deciding what to tell people, if you tell someone a really big secret and you don’t fully trust them and then tell people, then its kind of your fault as well, what did you expect
    I understand, but not everyone in life may have had good relationships in their lives with people who told them basic life skills and street smarts, so to speak and subsequently get messed over because of the lack of role model etc. I personally think that’s pretty awful for those people, and learning the hard way when no one made them strong and taught them those sorts of things can destroy a persons life. Feel sorry for those people, and am reluctant to say it’s their fault.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    In a nutshell - only trust those who have earned your trust. Trust is earned, not given.

ReputationRep:
    Preachh
    (Original post by Rum Ham)
    In a nutshell - only trust those who have earned your trust. Trust is earned, not given.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really do the whole "trust no-one" thing I just don't bother telling people things unless they ask. Most people don't.

ReputationRep:
    I trust people until they show me otherwise.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.