Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1A* 6As 4Bs 2Cs at GCSE.
    A*AA Predicted for A Level English Lit, Biology and Chemistry respectively.
    UKCAT Scores were VR- 590, DM- 590, QR- 700, DM- 620, SJ- Band 2.
    Applied to Leicester, King's College, Hull/York and Birmingham.
    Chances of interview and other people in a similar boat?

ReputationRep:
    There’s no way to really tell but your predicted grades are fantastic. You are a strong candidate. Now it just depends on your personal statement.

Medicine is very competitive but all you can do is wait for the decisions to come through.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meeravirdee)
    There’s no way to really tell but your predicted grades are fantastic. You are a strong candidate. Now it just depends on your personal statement.

Medicine is very competitive but all you can do is wait for the decisions to come through.
    Thank you! I've always had this underlying fear that I won't get offers so its good to hear someone thinks there is a chance. Are you awaiting any replies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverGrowUp)
    You've applied to 3 GCSE heavy universities so they usually have a lot of competition , but you have great predicted grades and an overall good set of academics. You should follow the threads for the medicine applicants for those unis so you get interview updates and see what stats other applicants have. Now that your application has been sent off, I wouldn't worry about chances of interview, just focus on getting excellent A-level grades as you wait for responses. Again, medicine is extremely competitive so no one can really be certain! and if it doesn't work out this year, theres always next year which gives you a chance to improve your ukcat and gain more work experience!
    Yeah, I know for sure my GCSEs aren't as good as they could have been but, they acted as almost a wake up call and I'll do everything to get A* AA at a level.
    I have been watching loads of threads but its as if no one has had any replies yet, and they've had amazing academics so my underlying fear is getting stronger :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macher-kriss)
    Thank you! I've always had this underlying fear that I won't get offers so its good to hear someone thinks there is a chance. Are you awaiting any replies?
    No problem!
    Well from mine and my friends experiences it’s a range. I know people with 1 Offer, 3 offers and none. It’s still early days though and no news is good news, as they have to tell you if ur application is unsuccessful so no email declining you means they are still considering you as a candidate.

Knowing this doesn’t help with the stress of waiting for offers though.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.