Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound really immature coming from a 16 year old.

I wrote a note and put it in my crush's locker, just for the fun of it, confessing my "love" for him in a really cringey way. I'm friends with this guy, and he knows my sense of humor very well, so I did this in a joking way to make him laugh, with no intention of him actually assuming that I was being legitimate.

And that was a mistake. RIP.

He took the note to my friends and told them he 'knows I have a crush on him' and read them the note. He then told all of these random guys that I like him.

I don't really know what to do. I think that I should talk to him, but I am not sure whether I should deny liking him, because there isn't really any proof that I like him, or if I should just come clean with him about it. And I don't know whether or not to get mad at him for telling all of these people about it without any actual confirmation, as it made me really quite upset.

Why I wrote that note in the first place? I don't know, I am insane.

But now I need a way out of this!

ReputationRep:
    so you don't actually have a crush on him at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)
    so you don't actually have a crush on him at all?
    No, I do. Sorry if my post didn't make much sense.

Basically I like him but he has no proof that I do but apparently he 'knows for sure'.

ReputationRep:
    If you really do like him then talk to him about it.

I have been in a similar situation where I was friends with someone and I wrote that I loved her in a note and she read it. This is one of the easiest ways to confess love really at a young age. I was really shy so I guess you may be too. This only applies to you if you actually have feelings for him though.

If you don't have feelings for him then just tell him it was a joke and you thought he would take it as a joke and that he should tell his friends that you did not like him in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you just gotta learn there’s not a way outta everything. Idk just tell him you like him and were having a bit of a joke ?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. OK, I might just admit it to him. I really don't see the point though, because I know 100% that he isn't interested in me and him knowing will make our friendship more awkward.

Would it be rude of me if I demand him to tell his friends that I don't, though? Because even though it would be lying, I really don't want people knowing about this! There is more to it than just a regular crush, it's a very pathetic crush for multiple reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him about it.

Tell him that you wore the note to make him feel happy, to make him smile, and that you were hurt be his actions, like if he is mature enough to notice you have a crush on him why couldn't he be mature enough to not make fun of it with other people.

In your place, as a 16 year old me, I would be really hurt, so I assume you too.

Anyways, you should talk to him, he already knows...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathy89)
    Talk to him about it.

Tell him that you wore the note to make him feel happy, to make him smile, and that you were hurt be his actions, like if he is mature enough to notice you have a crush on him why couldn't he be mature enough to not make fun of it with other people.

In your place, as a 16 year old me, I would be really hurt, so I assume you too.

Anyways, you should talk to him, he already knows...
    Yeah, I was going to talk to him at lunchtime just before (I am currently at school) but I think that he was purposefully avoiding me. That's fair enough though, because I avoided him in the morning.

And yes, I am so hurt.

ReputationRep:
    That's done it. Finishing reading this post was the moment I finally gave up all hope of ever understanding women:

(Original post by Wary_Mouse)
    This is going to sound really immature coming from a 16 year old.

I wrote a note and put it in my crush's locker, just for the fun of it, confessing my "love" for him in a really cringey way. I'm friends with this guy, and he knows my sense of humor very well, so I did this in a joking way to make him laugh, with no intention of him actually assuming that I was being legitimate.

And that was a mistake. RIP.

He took the note to my friends and told them he 'knows I have a crush on him' and read them the note. He then told all of these random guys that I like him.

I don't really know what to do. I think that I should talk to him, but I am not sure whether I should deny liking him, because there isn't really any proof that I like him, or if I should just come clean with him about it. And I don't know whether or not to get mad at him for telling all of these people about it without any actual confirmation, as it made me really quite upset.

Why I wrote that note in the first place? I don't know, I am insane.

But now I need a way out of this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    That's done it. Finishing reading this post was the moment I finally gave up all hope of ever understanding women:
    Oh... Whoops... Sorry about that!

The reason why I wasn't willing to admit to it was because I knew for a fact that this guy would reject me straight up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.