Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A levels and losing weight Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Should I wait until after a levels to lose weight or start now? I don't want it to impact on my grades.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. You can do both without ruining grades but you will have to plan out your course of action and you will have a lot less free time. Can you sacrifice that free time easily, if so then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    It depends. You can do both without ruining grades but you will have to plan out your course of action and you will have a lot less free time. Can you sacrifice that free time easily, if so then go for it.
    I'm already exhausted from the work as it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allemagne)
    I'm already exhausted from the work as it is
    What do you mean, from revising and stuff or do you have a part time job and no spare time at all.

If you mean revising then you are doing it wrong. Exhausting yourself from revising is not going to help or be as efficient as proper revising. I recommend reading up on revision techniques. I have some examples.

First, do past papers for your A-level subjects and then mark it. Find one question you did wrong or bad and learn that and do some questions on it. Repeat until you know near enough everything in that past paper. Do more past papers and repeat all.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, A-Levels make me put on weight (stress eating is a killer) so I can't be of much help :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Calculate your tdee (loads of online free ones) eat 100 calories less than that number till you get to 500 so you gradually work your way down. Stay at that deficit for a week and weigh yourself, adjust accordingly. Some easy cuts are sugary drinks for water or sugar free alternatives, fruit for sweets, and eat plenty of complex carbs too so you feel energised the whole day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.