Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need to lose 15kg within 2 months. Any tips on eating less? Good ways to workout and burn calories etc? I've lost 5kg so far which is surprising because I keep eating like a pig after 1-3 days of being health and eating clean. I need some kind of a trigger or something. I'm so hopeless rn.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Medusa~)
    I need to lose 15kg within 2 months. Any tips on eating less? Good ways to workout and burn calories etc? I've lost 5kg so far which is surprising because I keep eating like a pig after 1-3 days of being health and eating clean. I need some kind of a trigger or something. I'm so hopeless rn.
    Well, if you are not planning on permanently changing your eating habits, then you are wasting your time. You will just gain all the weight back as soon as you stop restricting food.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, what's up with anemia in your thread name? Are you anemic?

ReputationRep:
    This is disturbing. Don't know why you'd want to trigger your self into an eating disorder. They're deadly and achieve literally nothing.

(This is coming from someone with an ED and who has lost people to them).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Well, if you are not planning on permanently changing your eating habits, then you are wasting your time. You will just gain all the weight back as soon as you stop restricting food.
    That is why I made this post, I need help with changing my habits. I need to know how I can discipline myself etc

ReputationRep:
    That is why I made this post, I need help with changing my habits. I need to know how I can discipline myself etc
    Go to reddit/loseit and read the get started post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Btw, what's up with anemia in your thread name? Are you anemic?
    Ana; Anorexia
    Mia; Bulimia

ReputationRep:
    Ana; Anorexia
    Mia; Bulimia
    This is beyond cringey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    This is beyond cringey.
    That's how people can identify the topic. No one invited you

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to 'discipline' yourself through starvation. That's the whole point of changing your eating habits. Constantly controlling yourself, just to lose/maintain weight doesn't work long term, (unless you have an ED). Sooner or later, your control will snap. So yeah, you just need to start eating healthy so that you don't ever have to starve yourself. You need to calculate your daily calorie requirement, taking into consideration your activity levels etc. and then just eat, let's say 500kcal calories less. You will definitely lose weight without tormenting yourself. It's simple math.

ReputationRep:
    That's how people can identify the topic. No one invited you
    I can comment on any thread I please.

Referring to deadly psychiatric disorders with pet names is disturbing. It's not cute to have an eating disorder.

ReputationRep:
    Ana; Anorexia
    Mia; Bulimia
    Lmao, I thought you just suck at spelling... My bad.
    Not going to help you, then. Struggled with ED in the past myself. The whole 'proana', that's what it used to be called, anyway, movement, is beyond ridiculous. Get the hell out of it while you still can. It won't make you happy, contrary to your belief. And anorexia or bulimia won't make you look 'pretty'. They will do the opposite. Say bye bye to healthy, gorgeous skin, thick hair and nice nails. If you're into throwing up then say bye to your nice teeth, too. Not even going to mention the damage to your internal organs. Once the damage is done, it can't be undone, in many cases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    I can comment on any thread I please.

Referring to deadly psychiatric disorders with pet names is disturbing. It's not cute to have an eating disorder.
    How are those pet names. I didn't want to write anorexia or bulimia to avoid attracting idiots like you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    1) Why do you need to lose so much weight so fast?
    2) You can't trigger yourself into an eating disorder, if you're going to get one you'll get one, and why you'd want an eating disorder is beyond me. They destroy people. It's not a quick fix to a diet.
    3) Regards to weight loss, I found using the Hairy dieters books helpful. It's easy to cut calories with their recipes (pretty much all recipes are below 500 calories, there are some under 200 calories and they are a proper portion size). I also enjoy zumba, clubbercise, basically dance - based or water - based fitness classes. It's easier to exercise if it's enjoyable. Also you'll do much better if you appreciate any progress you make instead of beating yourself up over cheating or not losing weight fast enough.

ReputationRep:
    How are those pet names. I didn't want to write anorexia or bulimia to avoid attracting idiots like you.
    Lol. Well good luck losing everything you care about in life. Trust me, you don't want an eating disorder. Again, I've got an ED myself and lost people to EDs, one of the people I've lost was one of my best friends. She died because her body was too weak to cope with what she was doing to herself when she committed suicide - the coroner said she likely would've survived if her body wasn't so damaged by her years of disordered behaviours. This **** is not to be messed with.

It's kinda obvious they're pet names, it's to make AN and BN seem less threatening than they are. But sure, if you wanna end up with your body eating itself, losing your youthfulness, your hair, you ******** your brains out because you can't control your bowels, losing all your friends and sanity and probably also your family, have fun with that. Don't say I didn't warn you.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I probably should have explained a bit futher about what I mean cause you're all just taking this the wrong way.
    I do not have an ED. Neither anorexia or bulimia. I am abit overweight and can't control my binging. So my thread was directed at those who are in the whole proanamia thing to receive some useful tips. Not to strave myself or to get an ED. But to learn how to discipline myself and fix my bad eating habits.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I probably should have explained a bit futher about what I mean cause you're all just taking this the wrong way.
    I do not have an ED. Neither anorexia or bulimia. I am abit overweight and can't control my binging. So my thread was directed at those who are in the whole proanamia thing to receive some useful tips. Not to strave myself or to get an ED. But to learn how to discipline myself and fix my bad eating habits.
    Girl, pro anas won't give you any 'good tips', they will tell you to eat 500kcal a day and exercise for 3 hours a day - if you are lucky. Go to Fitness forum (on here) and ask there for some HEALTHY tips. Asking people with ED won't do you any favours, seriously. They have a messed up view on food.

ReputationRep:
    You won't get useful tips. Plus, if I (or anyone with an ED) told you any of my behaviours (for example) you'd (probably) be unable to sustain them. And even if you could sustain them it's not healthy. You don't want this.

I don't understand why you don't just try and lose weight the healthy way? Why would you want to use an ED as a quick fix and potentially set yourself up for a life of misery in the process? ED's aren't diets, they're mental health conditions.

Would you go up to someone with cancer who was undergoing chemotherapy that was having issues with maintaining their weight what their tips are? No, you wouldn't. Because it's moronic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3615352)
    Any tips on eating less?
    close your mouth?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.