Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    My people, earlier today i allowed what was formally the Green Party to change their name to the Democrats.

I did so because with an election within the next several weeks i felt a month or so would be adequate time to judge both whether they fill a niche in the Mhoc (as i said to them, we don't need a shill party) and whether they can sustain the required level of activity.

My intent was at the point of the election to then accept or reject their manifesto (and close the party) depending on my judgement of them.

As many of you will have already heard tonight, numerous events surrounding the Democrats have occurred which have caused me to take action. Namely the collusion of both Connor and Hazzer to rig the deputy leadership by 'summoning' (Connor's words) yet another dupe of the convicted felon (within the context of the game), Gladstone (Connor would ironically then propose a MoNC in Hazzer with this dupe).

In light of the above events it is clear that Hazzer has abused his position as leader in colluding with Connor in full knowledge of the dupe, it is also clear that for Connor the Democrats were nothing more than a power grab. In addition, Gladstone of course by backing Connor's MoNC (i can not see if he's actually voted yet) has attempted to circumvent the punishment applied to him by the CT.

It is with the above in mind that i am passing all evidence of wrongdoing to the CT who will issue a verdict/punishment in due course and that i am also hereby announcing the closure of the TSR Green/Democrat party as of 23:40 on Tuesday 7th November 2017. It's usergroup will be purged and the forum passed to the CT.

Your Speaker..

Rakas

*Evidence supplied by another member, i'll let him reveal himself if he so wishes.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A very sound decision. Well done.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I still feel your initial decision was wrong, however these events render it meaningless anyway.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly the decisive action that was needed to end this sorry saga. Well done Rakas.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Soooo...why exactly didn't you do this 3 months ago because literally everybody else knew this was going to be where it was going.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    I still feel your initial decision was wrong, however these events render it meaningless anyway.
    The initial decision has to be remembered in the context that yes, the Greens had de fecto died but that the sub-forum did have a few active members with a reasonable record of being able to produce items. In that sense i chose not to deal with them as an entirely new party (probably worth saying that the party did vote for the change even if a tiny electorate). The timing in the term also provided a good opportunity as i said.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I wholeheartedly support this decision.

ReputationRep:
    Aye a good decision by Mr Speaker.

Finally the Greens are dead! :jive::jive:

:rip: Greens
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Soooo...why exactly didn't you do this 3 months ago because literally everybody else knew this was going to be where it was going.
    Three months ago there were some genuine Greens at least trying to do something (activity may not have been stellar but it was there). I agree that Barnetlad had made some strange choices in members but at the time it could have gone another way and the Greens were not even the least active party in the House.

The merits of where to draw the death line are complex. Too high and we risk closing parties whenever they have a bad run, too low and we end up with zombie parties. It's something i intend to codify somewhat via the 'special measures' amendment being drawn up.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The initial decision has to be remembered in the context that yes, the Greens had de fecto died but that the sub-forum did have a few active members with a reasonable record of being able to produce items. In that sense i chose not to deal with them as an entirely new party (probably worth saying that the party did vote for the change even if a tiny electorate). The timing in the term also provided a good opportunity as i said.
    Either you should have defended thouse few active members from this takeover or you should have allowed the party to die. Those members could join other parties. Seeing as the option was taken to maintain the green party despite not having enough active members and thus was an easy target for attack it needed the speakers protection. Either it should have been shut down when inactive, or at any point it could have been protected but wasnt.

This WAS a new party. New logo, new name, new active membership and new political position. Its concerning thst you were ready to allow the constitution to be circumnavigated in this way in order to create a new party, and fortunate that outside forces halted the esculation of a situation that should have been prevented much, much earlier.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you have come to the right decision and you have handled tonight's events well

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha, well done! It seems that those tragic Libertarian muppets and their pals will never fail to amuse. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Hahahaha, well done! It seems that those tragic Libertarian muppets and their pals will never fail to amuse. :laugh:
    I didn’t realise that Connor was multiple people, he was the only libertarian involved in this, I actually wanted to save the greens but that wasn’t going to happen.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    PRSOM
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Nice
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Three months ago there were some genuine Greens at least trying to do something (activity may not have been stellar but it was there). I agree that Barnetlad had made some strange choices in members but at the time it could have gone another way and the Greens were not even the least active party in the House.

The merits of where to draw the death line are complex. Too high and we risk closing parties whenever they have a bad run, too low and we end up with zombie parties. It's something i intend to codify somewhat via the 'special measures' amendment being drawn up.
    There was barnetlad who had no control of the party, his removal was a when, not an if
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How sad do you have to be to have a dupe? Have some really got nothing else to do?

ReputationRep:
    I only come to MHoC for drama like this.

And this is another chapter in the story that explains why libertarians are regarded as clowns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    I only come to MHoC for drama like this.

And this is another chapter in the story that explains why libertarians are regarded as clowns.
    Once again there are more people who have been in the tories than libers involved in the rule breaking and an equal amount of people who have been in the liberals

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.