Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well I took a gap year before going uni the following year and my plan was to s cure an apprenticeship for the whole year; that why I would have money and experience. nothing went to plan as I am still underemployed and not being proactive as I was supposed to join a club but I can't do that as I have to pay for council tax and transport.

ReputationRep:
    I’d say do some voluntary work for like a charity shop as some experience for now until you secure an apprenticeship look for apprenticeship on like indeed.com or like the actual apprenticeships website
    Can I ask what u want your apprenticeship in
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a slightly similar situation myself! I took a gap year and had work lined up to work in a school as a tutor. However, this since hasn't worked out so I have had to make alternative arrangements. I have recently started my own tutoring business and have about 10-12 students who I teach either 1 or 2 hours a week - this would be a good suggestion for you to do as you can earn quite a lot of money through this. Also, I have applied for the position of a lab technician in a local laboratory where I have an interview on Monday. So my advice to you is not to panic because as long as you are proactive in emailing people and looking for opportunities, you will find them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreverconfu)
    I’d say do some voluntary work for like a charity shop as some experience for now until you secure an apprenticeship look for apprenticeship on like indeed.com or like the actual apprenticeships website
    Can I ask what u want your apprenticeship in
    I wanted an apprenticeship in Marketing or video production, I'm just looking for an internship now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie_armstrong)
    I'm in a slightly similar situation myself! I took a gap year and had work lined up to work in a school as a tutor. However, this since hasn't worked out so I have had to make alternative arrangements. I have recently started my own tutoring business and have about 10-12 students who I teach either 1 or 2 hours a week - this would be a good suggestion for you to do as you can earn quite a lot of money through this. Also, I have applied for the position of a lab technician in a local laboratory where I have an interview on Monday. So my advice to you is not to panic because as long as you are proactive in emailing people and looking for opportunities, you will find them.
    I was thinking about tutoring but I don't have experience in relation to working with children

ReputationRep:
    did work experience at BBC years back might be something of interest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayN_0)
    I was thinking about tutoring but I don't have experience in relation to working with children
    I didn't have a lot of experience either - only tutoring a few kids in school but just get a DBS check and you'll be okay. If you need any advice on it feel free to message

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.