Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In arts school because I messed up my senior year. Hate it, wtf do I do now? Watch

Announcements

I've always been naturally really gifted when it comes to arts and creativity. In high school, I fell into a really bad depression (tried to kill myself 3 times) and never got around to getting help. This lead to a senior year average of 59%.

I took a year off to work, though in reality I only worked one day a week and spent the rest of it locked up at home being more depressed. I applied to a so called esteemed arts school (theyre called a university even though it is nothing like an actual university) and got in purely because of my portfolio, my average didn't even make the cut off but I got an exception. So off to arts school I went...

.. except after only 3 weeks, I absolutely hated it and wanted to transfer out. I've been miserable since, and me hating the fact that I'm studying here has made my depression come back even worse and my marks are a lot worse than they could be.

I'm always looking at other programs at other schools and it makes me so so so sad. I'm currently in year 2 out of 4 here but I don't think I can complete another 2 years of this bs, I really want to switch out into business and marketing. Is there anything I can even do at this point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've always been naturally really gifted when it comes to arts and creativity. In high school, I fell into a really bad depression (tried to kill myself 3 times) and never got around to getting help. This lead to a senior year average of 59%.

I took a year off to work, though in reality I only worked one day a week and spent the rest of it locked up at home being more depressed. I applied to a so called esteemed arts school (theyre called a university even though it is nothing like an actual university) and got in purely because of my portfolio, my average didn't even make the cut off but I got an exception. So off to arts school I went...

.. except after only 3 weeks, I absolutely hated it and wanted to transfer out. I've been miserable since, and me hating the fact that I'm studying here has made my depression come back even worse and my marks are a lot worse than they could be.

I'm always looking at other programs at other schools and it makes me so so so sad. I'm currently in year 2 out of 4 here but I don't think I can complete another 2 years of this bs, I really want to switch out into business and marketing. Is there anything I can even do at this point?
    Do you have any other universities in mind that you might want to switch to? You could contact them directly and ask if it would be possible, explaining your circumstances. You should also go to the doctor and get treatment for your depression.

(Original post by Etoile)
    Do you have any other universities in mind that you might want to switch to? You could contact them directly and ask if it would be possible, explaining your circumstances. You should also go to the doctor and get treatment for your depression.
    Yes, I have a lot of different fields I want to explore but I don't have the high school prerequisites for them, and my university courses are so niche I don't think any of them are transferrable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes, I have a lot of different fields I want to explore but I don't have the high school prerequisites for them, and my university courses are so niche I don't think any of them are transferrable.
    Well no one on an internet forum is going to know that, especially a UK one... you have to contact universities to find out what you would need to do to transfer. Maybe you can take a foundation year or something, but you would need to ask them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.