Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Labour Party will conquer British politics . Watch

ReputationRep:
    There is little doubt . This might come as a shock initially , but regardless of your political view the outcome will be the same . I doubt it will happen under Corbyn , but sooner than you might think .
    The reason is quite simple . Sometime between 2050 and 2060 the UK population based on current migration figures and forecasts will become a Muslim country .
    As we all know , the vast majority of immigrants and people from this select group overwhelmingly support the Labour Party .
    So , without getting too animated or racially abusive , is this a potential long term problem for UK democracy . .?
    Is the Conservative party about to become a minority party like several others out there and what impact will this have in terms of economic confidence and growth in the financial sector of the U.K. Economy . ?
    Never before have we had a similar scenario in British politics ....

ReputationRep:
    m8 ... im telling u right now... Britain is not ever going to become a Muslim country.. first of all because of Brexit once it is in effect they're going to restrict migration borders... and 2nd of all most people that migrate to Britain are actually Europeans... like from Germany and such... and i very much doubt the government will just easily and happily ALLOW Muslims in general to become a majority in Britain. even then i know quite a few muslims and migrants in general that actually also want less to no migrants allowed into Britain any more and agree with some things that conservatives value. also, i doubt that the government will allow a labour party to win since the conservatives are in their favour otherwise Corbyn would have of won the election for sure!

ReputationRep:
    With the growing population of the newborn potential terrorists, was pretty much expecting that! In 40 years of time in the UK, you'll be hearing the same news you hear about IS now

ReputationRep:
    Sorry...are you implying the Conservatives being a minority is a bad thing?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by premedmath)
    With the growing population of the newborn potential terrorists, was pretty much expecting that! In 40 years of time in the UK, you'll be hearing the same news you hear about IS now
    so ignorant i feel sorry for you.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imzy010)
    m8 ... im telling u right now... Britain is not ever going to become a Muslim country.. first of all because of Brexit once it is in effect they're going to restrict migration borders... and 2nd of all most people that migrate to Britain are actually Europeans... like from Germany and such... and i very much doubt the government will just easily and happily ALLOW Muslims in general to become a majority in Britain. even then i know quite a few muslims and migrants in general that actually also want less to no migrants allowed into Britain any more and agree with some things that conservatives value. also, i doubt that the government will allow a labour party to win since the conservatives are in their favour otherwise Corbyn would have of won the election for sure!
    Most Muslim immigration is non-eu which we already have 100% control over

ReputationRep:
    That is simply false. Even if demographics change that would by definition suggest labour domination the truth is that the demographics would simply realign in order to ensure that there is a party that is able to win and compete with labour. If this isn’t the conservatives it could be the Lib Dem’s.

ReputationRep:
    no, either the conservative party will change and adapt - or a new party will rise as the alternative to what ever form of labour still exists by then.

These days political parties exist to gain power. Thats it. Representing specific fixed views is not their core goal, its a distant second. Hence why the conservative party of today are very different from the conservative parties of old. Its the same reason why cameron was so new-labour in his aproach.. why? because the party saw the way the wind was blowing and adapted.

What ever the demographics are in 30 years, there will be a number of parties fighting for control, and they will still be arguing and biccering, just probably over very different problems
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny English)
    There is little doubt . This might come as a shock initially , but regardless of your political view the outcome will be the same . I doubt it will happen under Corbyn , but sooner than you might think .
    It's the nature of UK politics and any 2-party political system in general that eventually one party will lose out to the other. I'm not sure why you're surprised by this idea.

The reason is quite simple . Sometime between 2050 and 2060 the UK population based on current migration figures and forecasts will become a Muslim country .
    Complete and utter hogwash.

As we all know , the vast majority of immigrants and people from this select group overwhelmingly support the Labour Party .
    This might seem strange to a tribalist individual such as yourself, but it is possible for people to cast a vote for more than one political party over the span of 33 years.

So , without getting too animated or racially abusive , is this a potential long term problem for UK democracy . .?
    No.

Is the Conservative party about to become a minority party like several others out there and what impact will this have in terms of economic confidence and growth in the financial sector of the U.K. Economy . ?
    No. Although if it did, I doubt the UK economy would be affected that much.

Nonsense, of course we have. Nobody votes for the Liberals or the Whigs any more.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/islam...on-maha-hamdan
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The Muslim population is actually growing about 60% per decade based on the 01-11 figures so yeah, we hit real cultural problems around 2041 (when they'd really start influencing politics) and hit 50% in the 2060's.. however about half that growth is immigration and we don't know if that will be permitted.

Personally i think it would be awful if that occured, the history of their nations suggests strongly that it would be hard to see us remaining a prosperous democracy.

I also don't think the British people would really tolerate that. If the Muslim population is allowed to grow to the point that they threaten my way of life, even i would probably be voting for the far right and i'm certainly not their natural voter.

ReputationRep:
    As of 2016, there are 65.64 million people in the UK... (2016)....

QUOTE = "British people have a heavily skewed perspective on the reality of life in the UK, a new survey suggests – but are still more accurate in their evaluations than the populations of most countries.
    The poll reveals Britons hugely overestimate the number of Muslims in the UK, think people are unhappier than they really are and believe homophobia is more widespread than it is."

QUOTE= "British people were especially far from the mark when asked what proportion of the UK population is Muslim. The real answer is just one in twenty – but Britons believe it to be almost one in six. That would mean there were almost 10 million Muslims in the UK when in reality there are 2.8 million.
    Britons also think the UK’s Muslim population is growing much faster than it is. Those surveyed believed 22 per cent of the population will be Muslim by 2020 – suggesting they expect the number of Muslims in the UK to increase to 14 million in the next three years.
    This was a common mistake across the world, with many countries significantly overestimating their Muslim population. French people think 31 per cent of their country is Muslim while Americans believe the figure for the US is 17 per cent. The real numbers are 7.5 per cent and 1 per cent respectively."

( source : http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7476526.html )

There are only 2.8 million Muslims in the UK compared to 65.64million people as the total population, so excluding Muslims, it would make the total population 62.84 million people... so for you all to think that by 2020 Muslims will increase by then, you're wrong. and you're still wrong to think that they will increase rapidly by 2050 (in 43 years)... there no way this country or its people will allow them to become a majority... and Britons to become a minority in 43 years... we are talking about MASS heavy immigration which Britain would not allow especially after Brexit. we are talking about (if the population of Britain stays the same theoretically speaking. of course it won't but for argument's sake lets try to imagine... ) that means muslims need to grow from 2.8 million to just over 32.83 million... so to increase about 12 times their current population is absurd.

can we please try to be more realistic... even if that would happen (VERY UNREALISTIC!) you're telling me Britons would CASUALLY ACCEPT AND JUST EASILY ALLOW the Muslim population to overthrow / outgrow them...? the NON MUSLIM government in power would stop it all with a click of a finger if they wanted to and kick all Muslims out of the country like Donald Trump is planning to do with all Mexicans and non-whites... and they would do this wayyy before the Muslim population even becomes at least 10 million.

ReputationRep:
    Migration restrictions is going to become part of uk politics for the next 10 or 15 years.

People might say what do you think all the eu stuff was about? But that was the start point not the end.

People want migration levels that we had post Eastern Europe accession which is around 50,000 net.

The government has set a target that will never be met until we restrict eu movement but the other half of our migration comes from outside the eu.

They won’t be able to hide behind free movement as to why the numbers are still high post brexit and will continually have to be more strict until the public gets what it wants.

It will quite simply become a bidding war between political party’s at election times.

Your study is based on the status quo and that won’t stay.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. I thought this was going to be an interesting threat about the demise of Theresa May and then you came out with this clap trap. Are you one of these people who finds a graph that looks like it confirms your prejudice and uses it as evidence to justify your prejudice?

Why don't you go and meet some Muslims. I teach mostly Muslims. They are wonderful, studious, polite and well mannered - unlike many of the white students I have taught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Oh dear. I thought this was going to be an interesting threat about the demise of Theresa May and then you
    came out with this clap trap. Are you one of these people who finds a graph that looks like it confirms your prejudice and uses it as evidence to justify your prejudice?

Why don't you go and meet some Muslims. I teach mostly Muslims. They are wonderful, studious, polite and well mannered - unlike many of the white scrotes I have taught.

I'm not sure why you seem so appalled by the link and points I have made . I am also shocked at the derogatory remarks you have just made against your white students .
    Many would construe this as racism .
    Personally, I make no judement on the matter suffice to say that I am not telling you how to live your life so don't make assumptions based on your religious bias .
    Furthermore , I have no desire to meet nasty warped racist people like you who are so keen to label white people in this way .

ReputationRep:
    I can’t get over how sanctimonious and all knowing you think you are. You ask for an opinion but state your views as irrefutable fact. It’s made all the more idiotic by the fact that you are so pathetically wrong your comment reads as comedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imzy010)
    If only all of those statements were true...

If Britain is not to become a Muslim country then something has to change. Because constant Muslim immigration coupled with high Muslim birth rates greatly outnumbers the native birth rate.

What and how will that change occur is the real question. Perhaps a far-right party will become very popular in the future (we saw this with UKIP in the 2015 GE).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Why don't you go and meet some Muslims. I teach mostly Muslims. They are wonderful, studious, polite and well mannered.
    And you're a teacher?

Where did they teach you it's ok to use language like this?

ReputationRep:
    Europe as a continent is well and truly finished and has been sacrificed in the name of multiculturalism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calg_)
    Europe as a continent is well and truly finished and has been sacrificed in the name of multiculturalism
    If history has taught us anything it’s that politics can change at any time.

The future isn’t set in stone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.