Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! Need some advice on perusing someone that I am currently dating. I am 19 and she is 18 and we are both at University. We have been on 3 dates so far, the first at a bar, the second watching a football match and third at my home watching films and playing Xbox. I feel like we have got to know each other pretty well however there has been no intimacy or physical contact yet. In spite of this, we have been talking every day on Facebook messenger.

Around my friends she is shy, and I suspect this might be a reason why she hasn’t shown the usual ‘signs’ that suggest she is attracted to me. The problem is she doesn’t have much money and I’m unsure of an idea for a 4th date. I would like some advice also on how to break the platonic relationship we have currently. We get along so well and I don’t want to force flirtation without getting to know her first. However I also realise I need to be more open about my feelings and an intimate environment next time we meet would be perfect for this. Should I really suggest she comes over again?

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CALIBRE$)
    Hey everyone! Need some advice on perusing someone that I am currently dating. I am 19 and she is 18 and we are both at University. We have been on 3 dates so far, the first at a bar, the second watching a football match and third at my home watching films and playing Xbox. I feel like we have got to know each other pretty well however there has been no intimacy or physical contact yet. In spite of this, we have been talking every day on Facebook messenger.

Around my friends she is shy, and I suspect this might be a reason why she hasn’t shown the usual ‘signs’ that suggest she is attracted to me. The problem is she doesn’t have much money and I’m unsure of an idea for a 4th date. I would like some advice also on how to break the platonic relationship we have currently. We get along so well and I don’t want to force flirtation without getting to know her first. However I also realise I need to be more open about my feelings and an intimate environment next time we meet would be perfect for this. Should I really suggest she comes over again?

Thoughts?
    Netflix and chill, with pizza

ReputationRep:
    Hey bro, its clear she likes you, first at bar, then football match, then gaming at your house.. cant u see shes getting closer?? Just ask her to be your girlfriend. It will save you and her alot of money too 😂

(Original post by CALIBRE$)
    . I feel like we have got to know each other pretty well however there has been no intimacy or physical contact yet.
    probably because you're waiting for HER to make the move?

are you even a man? you're the bloke, you make the first move!

ReputationRep:
    are you waiting for her to make the first move? lol you beta males...

ReputationRep:
    If the girl is shy you're going to have to make the first move but go slowly. If she doesn't have much money then perhaps you should pay for the date. Is it possible she's not perceiving these as dates as you're each paying your own way. Maybe she thinks your just friends.

Invite her to go to lunch or dinner and pay for her. Then after you're through eating take a walk and as you're going along casually reach over and hold her hand.
    When the date is over take her home and give her a kiss good-bye don't ask her just move in....but if she steps back or just wants a hug then don't push for a kiss. Old fashioned perhaps but with a shy girl it will be her speed. She may not be ready to give you a kiss good-bye. If she does kiss you just kiss her don't go for a make-out at the door.....if she's receptive to a goodnight kiss there will be more kissing in the future.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.