The Student Room Group

Losing my virginity to my 21 year old boyfriend

So I recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend who’s 21, I’m 16. I felt completely comfortable and am happy with my decision as we seem pretty serious however before I met him I hadn’t done anything with a guy before. However he has lost count with how many girls he’s slept with he regrets it but he’s very experienced and I’m not. I’ve never done anything to him and I’m scared I won’t be good. I’m also scared I’m not good at sex. How do I compare myself to him because he knows so much and I’m still so clueless on what to do??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So I recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend who’s 21, I’m 16. I felt completely comfortable and am happy with my decision as we seem pretty serious however before I met him I hadn’t done anything with a guy before. However he has lost count with how many girls he’s slept with he regrets it but he’s very experienced and I’m not. I’ve never done anything to him and I’m scared I won’t be good. I’m also scared I’m not good at sex. How do I compare myself to him because he knows so much and I’m still so clueless on what to do??

Your post appears to contain a contradiction... I think?
Reply 2

Good thing about being experienced and being with a virgin is you can teach them exactly how you like everything. So if you're not sure, ask him to guide you a bit and tell you what he likes.
Plus despite having been sexual with other people, the only things he knows that you like are what you can tell him - people vary enormously in what they like sexually, so he's inexperienced with you.
Reply 4
You'll learn with practice. Give it time.
Reply 5

I hope your boyfriend enjoys his prison sentence!
Reply 6
what Archon9 said. this my friend is weird, why were you with a 21 year old
Weird relationship but hey ho...

Ask him!
Original post by Archon9
I hope your boyfriend enjoys his prison sentence!
Age of consent in the UK is 16. Unless he films it, they're good. And yeah, it may seem strange because of the age difference but it's really not that awful; it's only 5 years.
Reply 9
Original post by BlameMichaelGove
Age of consent in the UK is 16. Unless he films it, they're good. And yeah, it may seem strange because of the age difference but it's really not that awful; it's only 5 years.

But still pretty ****ed up dont you say? as in 18 is the legal age for an adult and then 16 is still considered to be a child if it was a 15/14 year old people would be singing a different tune here.
Original post by VirgoStrain
Another moron with no knowledge of the UK age of consent 🙄

Haha yeah unfortunately I do not have that much space in my brain for such trivial things!
It’s legal to have sex at 16. Would you consider a 19 year old person to be a child considering it’s only been 1 year since they were still legally a child? No one gives a single **** about whether you consider it distasteful. 5 years gap is not a big deal, and if both people are consenting then it isn’t your business to poke your nose into the ethics of their decision.

Well if you post something like this on a public forum site then I dont think it is really poking in just staring my opinion and saying that I think it is ****ed up and if you dont like that then you can suck on my fat English balls because I am doing it!
Original post by Archon9
But still pretty ****ed up dont you say?
Not really. Partners in their early twenties wouldn't really be my cup of tea either, but that doesn't allow me the right to judge or condemn someone else's relationship because I wouldn't personally do it. I'm assuming the OP came for impartial, non-judgemental advice, and everyone in this forum has the responsibility to respect that. If you don't have advice to give, it's perhaps time to check out a different forum.
Doing what? Having a tantrum...

Wow this is ironic you come on this website just to instigate arguments with people that you have never even met in reak life everyday?
Original post by BlameMichaelGove
Not really. Partners in their early twenties wouldn't really be my cup of tea either, but that doesn't allow me the right to judge or condemn someone else's relationship because I wouldn't personally do it. I'm assuming the OP came for impartial, non-judgemental advice, and everyone in this forum has the responsibility to respect that. If you don't have advice to give, it's perhaps time to check out a different forum.

Yes I suppose you are right there seem to be some less then sour personalities on here!
Chill out, I wasn’t looking for an argument.

Why the unnecessary insult then?
You felt completely comfortable with it yet you made a tsr thread on the issue.
Because she DID feel comfortable with it, but is now no longer as certain. Let's read the entire post before we jump to conclusions, shall we?
Please keep this civil guys. Bare in mind this is a thread where somebody is asking for advice, not a debate thread.
Please respect OP and avoid bickering. If you want to debate the age of consent or age gaps you can do it in another section.

And OP, it's perfectly natural to be put off by his experience. You're quite different ages so he is likely to have had more action than you. If you want to continue this relationship then I would suggest you talk openly about bedroom activities and what each of you like and dislike. Most people have different bedroom experiences even if they are close in age so it's not a huge deal. You can learn what eachother like.
It is quite a big gap though (for this early in life at least) so you may find there are a few things you're at different pages on. It might be best to consider if this age gap is too big at the moment. That's something for you to decide though, not me or anybody else here.
You should do your research before you judge.The age of consent for sexual activity in the UK is 16. In England and Wales, the age of sexual consent for women has been set at 16 since 1885, when campaigners fought to raise it from 13 to prevent child prostitution. Other countries have set the legal age at anything from 12 to 20.

Quick Reply

Latest