Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Do you have any evidence that:
    i) the typical Central European Jew in ~1939 believed that God literally created the world in 6 days ~6,000 years ago, and that evolution therefore didn't happen?
    ii) that the Nazis hated all Jews (but not creationists of other faiths) to the extent of wanting to slaughter them, for this reason?
    Do you have any evidence that they did not believe in God?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drummond)
    How would you define a Jew mate?
    i am not your mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i am not your mate.
    How would you define a Jew, not my mate?

ReputationRep:
    How would you define a Jew, not my mate?
    It is not for me to define members of the Hebrew community.

ReputationRep:
    their alleged involvment in the murder of Our Lord
    so our beloved bear is an anti-semite now?

ReputationRep:
    It is not for me to define members of the Hebrew community.
    I know its not, that's why we have God's word to do it for us. So if you are from the tribe of Judah, or of the tribe of Benjamin which was joined into Judah (as it was Judah who protected Benjamin in Egypt), then you are a Jew.

So when Judah (the Jews) went in to captivity in Babylon, were they not persecuted? Or when they returned with Ezra and Nehemiah were they not persecuted by those around? Was not Peter and James and John Jews and also persecuted? And Paul (a Benjaminite) also persecuted? How can you say the Jews have not been persecuted?

ReputationRep:
    He said the Jews were not persecuted by the Nazis (original context) solely because of their being creationists.

Quite different from what you are driving at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    so our beloved bear is an anti-semite now?
    Why is he? Did not certain Jews have collaboration in the crucifixion of our LORD Jesus the Messiah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    He said the Jews were not persecuted by the Nazis (original context) solely because of their being creationists.

Quite different from what you are driving at.
    A Jew believes in God, so this means they believe in God's word, which is a God created earth. If they do not believe in God then there is no point being a Jew any longer, so they cease to be Jews. Why would you keep the sabbath if you do not believe in it?

ReputationRep:
    A Jew believes in God, so this means they believe in God's word, which is a God created earth. If they do not believe in God then there is no point being a Jew any longer, so they cease to be Jews. Why would you keep the sabbath if you do not believe in it?
    Again you are moving the goalposts. Your initial claim was that

the Jews were creationists, that's no secret.
    and that

they were persecuted for believing in creation.
    In relation to the thrust of the thread up until the point you made these comments, the suggestion is that you think that the Nazis targeted Jews primarily for being creationists. Is this your position?

ReputationRep:
    Again you are moving the goalposts. Your initial claim was that

and that

In relation to the thrust of the thread up until the point you made these comments, the suggestion is that you think that the Nazis targeted Jews primarily for being creationists. Is this your position?
    Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Do you have evidence that the Jews were persecuted for not believing in God?

Is Jews believing in God something new?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Do you have evidence that the Jews were persecuted for not believing in God?

Is Jews believing in God something new?
    I think you are incapable of answering a direct question. I have not set out a stall of my own here so your questions are not only a poor attempt at deflection, but also irrelevant.

Is it your contention that the Nazis targeted the Jews for extermination solely because they are creationists?

ReputationRep:
    I think you are incapable of answering a direct question. I have not set out a stall of my own here so your questions are not only a poor attempt at deflection, but also irrelevant.

Is it your contention that the Nazis targeted the Jews for extermination solely because they are creationists?
    Do you have any evidence that the Jews were persecuted for something other than being Jews and believing in God?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any evidence that the Jews were persecuted for something other than being Jews and believing in God?
    Is it your contention that the Nazis persecution of the Jews was motivated solely because of Jewish belief in creationism?

ReputationRep:
    Is it your contention that the Nazis persecution of the Jews was motivated solely because of Jewish belief in creationism?
    Are you suggesting that Jews were not persecuted for their beliefs? What were they persecuted for then?

Why don't you want to enlighten me with your understanding of the holocaust?

ReputationRep:
    Are you suggesting that these people in Auschwitz did not believe in God?

ReputationRep:
    Are you suggesting that Jews were not persecuted for their beliefs? What were they persecuted for then?

Why don't you want to enlighten me with your understanding of the holocaust?
    I have asked you the same very simple question multiple times and you are not forthcoming with any sort of considered reply. In a good faith exchange, you would simply answer the question asked of you before getting all het up about what my opinion might or might not be.

Why is that?

ReputationRep:
    Are you suggesting that these people in Auschwitz did not believe in God?
    I'm not suggesting anything at all. I asked a simple question which you are pulling Matrix moves to dodge. Why?

ReputationRep:
    Most people follow this ideology that if they didnot witness an event with their own eyes then it did not happen.A very foolish perspective and view in my opinion and shows how ignorant we as human beings can be.

ReputationRep:
    I have asked you the same very simple question multiple times and you are not forthcoming with any sort of considered reply. In a good faith exchange, you would simply answer the question asked of you before getting all het up about what my opinion might or might not be.

Why is that?
    #

Yes for the umpteenth time, i believe that the Jews were persecuted for believing in God and creation.

Now are you going to answer my question?

Do you believe that the Jews in the holocaust did not believe in God?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.