Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drummond)
    #

Yes for the umpteenth time, i believe that the Jews were persecuted for believing in God and creation.

Now are you going to answer my question?

Do you believe that the Jews in the holocaust did not believe in God?
    That's not quite what you said earlier. If you must make assertions, at least own them.

Nowhere have I said or implied that Jews in the Holocaust lacked a belief in God. I have not actually said or implied anything about the Holocaust, I simply asked a question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    That's not quite what you said earlier. If you must make assertions, at least own them.

Nowhere have I said or implied that Jews in the Holocaust lacked a belief in God. I have not actually said or implied anything about the Holocaust, I simply asked a question.
    But you were suggesting that they might have been persecuted for something other than believing in God. So enlighten me on what this thing is then please.

Why would you want to cast doubt on whether the Jews in the holocaust believed in God? And that it was not for their beliefs of why they were persecuted? Without having any evidence to back up your claim.

I'm all ears.

ReputationRep:
    But you were suggesting that they might have been persecuted for something other than believing in God. So enlighten me on what this thing is then please.

Why would you want to cast doubt on whether the Jews in the holocaust believed in God? And that it was not for their beliefs of why they were persecuted? Without having any evidence to back up your claim.

I'm all ears.
    I certainly did not cast doubt on whether or not the Jews believe(d) in God - that's a deliberate misrepresentation.

I have made no claims to 'back up'.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any evidence that they did not believe in God?
    What does this have to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    I certainly did not cast doubt on whether or not the Jews believe(d) in God - that's a deliberate misrepresentation.

I have made no claims to 'back up'.
    Okay that's good to hear, thanks for sharing your thoughts and beliefs with us in this thread .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    so our beloved bear is an anti-semite now?
    you need to up your game CB.

ReputationRep:
    Yes for the umpteenth time, i believe that the Jews were persecuted for believing in God and creation.
    So what distinguished the Jews from Muslims and Christians in this regard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    So what distinguished the Jews from Muslims and Christians in this regard?
    I don't understand, tell me .

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand, tell me .
    You made the claim that Jews were persecuted for believing in God. So why weren't non-Jews who believe/believed in God similarly persecuted?

ReputationRep:

Political power, money and 'racial purity'. I think you need to read some proper history books, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    You made the claim that Jews were persecuted for believing in God. So why weren't non-Jews who believe/believed in God similarly persecuted?
    They have been, Christians have been persecuted since Christ by Rome and then papal Rome. Bible believing Christians fled to America to avoid Vatican persecution. Millions and millions of Christians were slaughtered by Papal Rome and Loyola's army of Jesuits, all because they wanted to read the bible for themselves. Oh and because the Book Of Daniel shows that the anti-christian power would come from Rome.

It was the reformers who declared that papal Rome was anti-christ. And remember that they were catholics as well, before leaving to follow Christ.

Thanks for asking the question, its probably better if we discuss this in the 'Christian persecution in the bible end times thread' if i can find it.

But you're right, Christians have been and will be, completely persecuted. It's written.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    you need to up your game CB.
    How can you not have ill feeling towards the Jews if they killed your Lord?

ReputationRep:
    How can you not have ill feeling towards the Jews if they killed your Lord?
    Our Lord was Himself an Israeli.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Political power, money and 'racial purity'. I think you need to read some proper history books, to be honest.
    I've got just the bestest history book of all time, a King James Bible, and it not only tells me what has happened, but it also tells me what is going to happen. You can have all the history books you want and i've probably read a lot of them myself, but i'll stick to my King James and be persecuted and mocked for doing so, as it is written.

ReputationRep:
    I've got just the bestest history book of all time, a King James Bible, and it not only tells me what has happened, but it also tells me what is going to happen. You can have all the history books you want and i've probably read a lot of them myself, but i'll stick to my King James and be persecuted and mocked for doing so, as it is written.
    So you've read Ian Kershaw? Peter Longerich? Richard Evans? Adam Tooze? What about Mein Kampf? Goebbels' diaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    So you've read Ian Kershaw? Peter Longerich? Richard Evans? Adam Tooze? What about Mein Kampf? Goebbels' diaries?
    Oh, thanks for the recommendations, here's one for youn - What about the King James Bible, the word of our living God? Have you read that yet?

ReputationRep:
    Why is he? Did not certain Jews have collaboration in the crucifixion of our LORD Jesus the Messiah?
    Just wondering whether he was merely bringing it up to explain cause of antisemitism, or whether he bares some grudge against Jews for that treachery.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering whether he was merely bringing it up to explain cause of antisemitism, or whether he bares some grudge against Jews for that treachery.
    What about you, do you bare a grudge against those Jews for participating in the killing of an innocent and righteous man?

ReputationRep:
    It's mainly just far-right extremists or psychos on places like 4chan that believe it's fake, simply because they dislike Jews. But I have seen some try to defend the view of statistical evidence.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Oh, thanks for the recommendations, here's one for youn - What about the King James Bible, the word of our living God? Have you read that yet?
    I read parts - and dismissed it - a long time ago.

Let me make a serious suggestion. You are not, and never can be, a historian. So head over to the Faith & Spirituality section and put forward your views there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.