Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    so our beloved bear is an anti-semite now?
    Throwing around the anti-Semitism accusation makes you look stupid.

He said "alleged".
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    You made the claim that Jews were persecuted for believing in God. So why weren't non-Jews who believe/believed in God similarly persecuted?
    I couldn't find 'the persecution of Christians in the bible end times thread' so i started a new one in the religion section.

Good suggestion mate. Oh, and good work !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    I read parts - and dismissed it - a long time ago.

Let me make a serious suggestion. You are not, and never can be, a historian. So head over to the Faith & Spirituality section and put forward your views there.
    Everybody is a historian, that is if we live in time. Its not for a selective few. Just because we have differing beliefs, should not mean that we all can't investigate history. You can also be a historian too if you want to join in with us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drummond)
    Everybody is a historian, that is if we live in time. Its not for a selective few. Just because we have differing beliefs, should not mean that we all can't investigate history. You can also be a historian too if you want to join in with us.
    I'm glad that you 'investigate' history. Come back after you have read a couple of the authors I recommended on the Holocaust.

In the meantime, could you answer a couple of questions? I know you will do so honestly as you are a Christian. Have you ever had other user names on TSR? Have you ever been banned from TSR?

ReputationRep:
    Because some people are idiots who think everything is a conspiracy theory and can't just accept that things have happened in history that seem unbelievable at face value either down to how awful they were (holocaust) or how extraordinary or amazing they were (moon landing)

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad that you 'investigate' history. Come back after you have read a couple of the authors I recommended on the Holocaust.

In the meantime, could you answer a couple of questions? I know you will do so honestly as you are a Christian. Have you ever had other user names on TSR? Have you ever been banned from TSR?
    Answers, no and no.

And i see one of my posts is being reviewed whatever that means.

I assume certain individuals are fanatically reporting my posts.

Remember that you only receive flak when you are over the target.

In these days that we live in, the voices of those who believe in God get suppressed.

ReputationRep:
    Answers, no and no.

In these days that we live in, the voices of those who believe in God get suppressed.
    I'm glad to hear your denials.

I'm also interested to see you use the word 'fanatic'.

ReputationRep:
    Answers, no and no.

Had that a few times myself. I think sometimes it's been reported, and other times a mod has seen it and pressed a button.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Had that a few times myself. I think sometimes it's been reported, and other times a mod has seen it and pressed a button.
    Okay, cheers for the information.

ReputationRep:
    What about you, do you bare a grudge against those Jews for participating in the killing of an innocent and righteous man?
    nope

I don't even blame jews as a racial group for killing the man... if he even existed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaz254)
    Throwing around the anti-Semitism accusation makes you look stupid.

He we said "alleged".
    Even blaming Jews for the killing of Christ is arguably antisemitic. Since are good friend the bear is such a good Christian I was wondering what his view on the matter was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    nope

I don't even blame jews as a racial group for killing the man... if he even existed.
    He existed alright. Why do you say 'racial group'? Why label all Jews as being Christ killers? It was only some, a certain amount which were involved, many of them were pharisees and officials.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to hear your denials.

I'm also interested to see you use the word 'fanatic'.
    Its because when one post becomes approved, another one comes up as being reviewed. So 'fanatically' meaning my posts are being reported en masse apparently. Seems a bit strange that my posts seem of value to report. Saying that Jews believe in God is hardly controversial.

ReputationRep:
    Its because when one post becomes approved, another one comes up as being reviewed. So 'fanatically' meaning my posts are being reported en masse apparently. Seems a bit strange that my posts seem of value to report. Saying that Jews believe in God is hardly controversial.
    But your assertion that the Holocaust was the result of the Jews believing in god and creation is crassly ignorant. It is the kind of jaw-dropping stupidity, flying in the face of all the evidence, that is indeed controversial.

ReputationRep:
    But your assertion that the Holocaust was the result of the Jews believing in god and creation is crassly ignorant. It is the kind of jaw-dropping stupidity, flying in the face of all the evidence, that is indeed controversial.
    Yet again,

Where is this evidence which you speak of which is to the contrary?

ReputationRep:
    Yet again,

Where is this evidence which you speak of which is to the contrary?
    In those books which I mentioned, among many others. Go away and read them. When you have absorbed the facts, return to the History section.

ReputationRep:
    In those books which I mentioned, among many others. Go away and read them. When you have absorbed the facts, return to the History section.
    My God, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob doesn't want me to read those books which you are suggesting because He wants me to read His book instead ,because He says its more informative than your books. So terribly sorry about that me ol' pal, but i'm going to do what my God wants me to do, instead of what you want me to do.

ReputationRep:
    Simple.
    Everything about everything we have been told is someone else's story, whether this be factual or otherwise. In the case of the moon landings only 3 people went up to space and many belive the footage was staged. Aside from the video footage of them and people saying they have seen their footprints through cameras we do not know for sure that we went to tm the moon unless we went there personally. Same with the holocaust In a way. I for one don't know ow anyone who was in ig or remotely affected by it, not surprising people doubt it and many other things the government and the media tell us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgillian123)
    Because 11 million or whatever jews is an extremely large number, they estimate probably around the 1 million or below died. There was alot of propaganda in the 1940s so people think that the truth was twisted to make the nazis look worse than they were. They also find that all the concentration camps with the deaths per day doesnt add up correctly. Ofcourse as a main reason that 11million is alot and there were estimated to be alot less jews in germany at that time. Its about 1/7th of the whole of the UK dying in 5 or 6 years, thats why they think its not true.

Im not a holocaust denier im just talking in their perspectibve
    Oh my god how stupid are you really? The 11 million figure does not refer to the Jewish population. It refers to the entire population estimate: Jews, Roma, Gays, Communists, other political opponents. And who are 'they' who estimate it to be 1 million?

And yes, you are right in saying that there was a LOT of propaganda during the 1940s. Propaganda from Joseph Goebbels and others in the Ministry of Propaganda that spread disinformation and slandered those who opposed their fascist ideology simply for not being bat$hit insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    Oh my god how stupid are you really? The 11 million figure does not refer to the Jewish population. It refers to the entire population estimate: Jews, Roma, Gays, Communists, other political opponents. And who are 'they' who estimate it to be 1 million?

And yes, you are right in saying that there was a LOT of propaganda during the 1940s. Propaganda from Joseph Goebbels and others in the Ministry of Propaganda that spread disinformation and slandered those who opposed their fascist ideology simply for not being bat$hit insane.
    an error on my behalf i meant "11 million jews or whatever is an..." - meaning other populations as you described
    "And who are 'they' who estimate it to be 1 million?" - the people that are in partial holocaust denial? the people that pretty much the whole thread has been talking about? I aplogise if you didn't understand who "they" was referring to so "they" = partial holocaust deniers

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.