Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want a silver but with a score of about 71 I’m not sure. How did the rest of you find it?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got about 102. Don't discuss questions and answers yet because there will be a few people doing it today.

ReputationRep:
    It was horrendous 😂 I made so many stupid mistakes - eg on reading the question wrong, making basic maths errors ect. I think I got 6 of the 14 questions I did right...oops

I don’t know why but I just can’t do those papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J843126028)
    I think I got about 102. Don't discuss questions and answers yet because there will be a few people doing it today.
    Okay, thanks. And well done! Would you say it was easier than last year’s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielwinstanley)
    It was horrendous 😂 I made so many stupid mistakes - eg on reading the question wrong, making basic maths errors ect. I think I got 6 of the 14 questions I did right...oops

I don’t know why but I just can’t do those papers.
    Aww I think I got 12/14 for the one second I answered, but idk what I put for one of them. Have you somebody the smc before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Kitty_)
    Aww I think I got 12/14 for the one second I answered, but idk what I put for one of them. Have you somebody the smc before?
    Well done! This is the first year I’ve sat SMC - it’s frustrating because I know I could’ve got another 12 points at least if I hadn’t made ridiculous errors - basic mistakes like standard form which I’d never normally make; not reading questions fully. Definitely haven’t even got a bronze 😂😂😂...oh well there’s still next year.

ReputationRep:
    I've found it harder than past papers. Answered 23 with 3 wrong so I'm standing at 102. Hopefully low boundaries as I hope to qualify for BMO. I'm quite happy as last year I didn' even get bronze so I progressed quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    The first 15 questions were more straight forward than other years.
    There are way too many Geometry questions. I normally do the paper as a race with some good students and I did 1 question less than usual. I also cheated a little bit by using some advanced techniques. Normally the paper only required GCSE knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    I was getting a bit cocky at first because the first 10 questions were pretty easy, but then there were some pretty tough ones after that

I answered 18 but I’ve got one wrong that I know of, so currently on 92–hopefully enough for gold and maybe kangaroo qualification but I’ll need a bit of luck for that
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    In year 12 and got 76. Not really happy but I was so tense in that exam that I read qs 17 wrong - (I just sat there like: why is it when I substitute in, NONE of these are right? for 40 mins. Rah).

Also I'm pretty poor at geometry - I didn't know that a quadrilateral in a square divides it into half its area, etc. I like combinatorics and number theory questions and there were so few of those

I was stressed and careless, got a silver probably but I'm praying for low boundaries because I have a track record of gold and kangaroo, although SMC this year made me want to never do maths again...

ReputationRep:
    Coming out I realized I might have made a dumb mistake on a question I thought I was sure about.

I was expecting silver but now I'm hoping I got at least bronze.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 121 because I spent way too long on 22 and therefore ran out of time for the last question, even though I did it afterwards and it was super easy! Should be enough for BMO XD

ReputationRep:
    Do you think 85 (year 10) will be good enough for gold or SKANG

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.