Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why am I here... I met a guy originally online, and his profile clearly stated he wasn't looking for anything serious, then we met in person, and hung out again about a week later (he works away), had an awesome night, a few drinks, but no sex... or anything... and I slept at his place. It was kind of a curve ball. He paid for everything the whole night, food, transport, club entries, and wouldn't take money or let me pay when I tried to. I asked him and he's keen to hang out again and keeps talking to me every day and said he was tempted but (in his words) he 'didn't want to make me feel more uncomfortable than I would already have been'. Umm... Is there a chance for more than just friends? Or are all guys that keen to pay for girls and let them sleep in their beds without any thought of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realitytrip)
    Why am I here... I met a guy originally online, and his profile clearly stated he wasn't looking for anything serious, then we met in person, and hung out again about a week later (he works away), had an awesome night, a few drinks, but no sex... or anything... and I slept at his place. It was kind of a curve ball. He paid for everything the whole night, food, transport, club entries, and wouldn't take money or let me pay when I tried to. I asked him and he's keen to hang out again and keeps talking to me every day and said he was tempted but (in his words) he 'didn't want to make me feel more uncomfortable than I would already have been'. Umm... Is there a chance for more than just friends? Or are all guys that keen to pay for girls and let them sleep in their beds without any thought of it...
    See where it goes. Give it another month, probably. There might be something there. It just depends on how you feel about him. Was there chemistry? Would you want a long term relationship with this guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaunMcCrimmon)
    See where it goes. Give it another month, probably. There might be something there. It just depends on how you feel about him. Was there chemistry? Would you want a long term relationship with this guy?
    You just have to think about what you feel towards him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaunMcCrimmon)
    Thanks for replying! Yeah, I do like him and we get along really well, it's just honestly the weirdest situation I've been in. He only just came out of a long term relationship a few months back, so I'm trying to respect his original want to just be friends, but his actions since we met are telling a different story!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realitytrip)
    Thanks for replying! Yeah, I do like him and we get along really well, it's just honestly the weirdest situation I've been in. He only just came out of a long term relationship a few months back, so I'm trying to respect his original want to just be friends, but his actions since we met are telling a different story!
    No problem! Possibly leave it a little longer?
    I understand your situation, I've had that problem. I'm not the best at relationship advice, but if he is acting like he wants to be with you, maybe keep dating him.
    If it doesn't go anywhere, at least then you have a friend that knows you well.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.