Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I was hoping on passing my driving test before coming to Manchester but as that is in about 10 days and I haven't been able to get a test booked since I returned 2 months ago from travelling it doesnt look like thats gonna happen.....

So I was just looking for some advice on taking your test at Manchester, as its a big city I'm guessing there are alot of test centres, is there one in/close to fallowfield? What is the waiting list like? :rolleyes:

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Try the DSA website, when I did it they told you how long you had to wait (normally, without cancellation of course) and where each one was etc.

I wouldn't advise taking a test away from the roads you know well....just my opinion anyway

ReputationRep:
    Erm I think Whalley Range test centre will the nearest to Fallowfield. However the waiting list is months.

ReputationRep:
    Avoid having your test at Reddish if you can, it's jinxed!

Whalley Range is the closest, I passed at Sale.

Have you got an instructor sorted yet?

ReputationRep:
    I took my test at Whalley range in Manchester last year while at Uni and it was fine. Mainly just drive round fairly quiet streets. There was one lovely bit when we went on the dual carriageway but other than that it's fine!!! Had lessons with lovely bloke called Daniel (now with the AA.) Good luck with it, if I passed anyone can (don't tell my insurers that!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex22)
    There was one lovely bit when we went on the dual carriageway but other than that it's fine!!!
    Me too! I cut up a lorry on Princess Parkway and the examiner praised my 'assertiveness' :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I have friends who took their test at the Whalley Range centre. The roads are generally quiet and small. Mine was at the Cheetham Hill one and I was told I got the harshest route - it involved a huge sting on a dual carriageway and some humongously massive roundabouts . Best thing to do is take it where you're most familiar.

Oh, and the waiting list for mine was 15 weeks! !

ReputationRep:
    Lol oops. Didn't realise that this thread was started over 3 months ago! Did you ever take your test?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 12, 2004
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.