Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Last minute advice, on sainsbury's interview/assessment! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Any tips would be nice!

First time going to a real interview, really nervous.

Will I have to do an assessment like a maths and english test during the interview? If yes, what will they assess me on like what questions will they ask me... Is it difficult?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Remember why you're choosing sainsburys over other supermarkets. Have a story where you went above and beyond for a customer, find things that you like about sainsburys so they support their local charities and other things that you may find on their website. Be confident and smile. they will probably ask u "tell me about yourself" question and why are u good for this role kind of thing, focus on your customer service skills and you should be golden. Sainsburys are big on customer service. I don't remember any assessment in my interview, there may have been in my induction but that comes after the interview. Also it's really basic, I mean incredily if there even is, I honestly don't remember doing any assessments and I've been with sainsburys for 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasin96)
    Hi.

Remember why you're choosing sainsburys over other supermarkets. Have a story where you went above and beyond for a customer, find things that you like about sainsburys so they support their local charities and other things that you may find on their website. Be confident and smile. they will probably ask u "tell me about yourself" question and why are u good for this role kind of thing, focus on your customer service skills and you should be golden. Sainsburys are big on customer service. I don't remember any assessment in my interview, there may have been in my induction but that comes after the interview. Also it's really basic, I mean incredily if there even is, I honestly don't remember doing any assessments and I've been with sainsburys for 2 years.
    Thank you so much!

In my email it says interview/assessment. What could that possibly mean?

ReputationRep:
    Np, I not sure but are you applying for HR, supermarkets or convenience?

ReputationRep:
    Np, I not sure but are you applying for HR, supermarkets or convenience?
    in store roles/general assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh i think that's supermarkets, I don't really think there is a maths and english assessment however if there is, it's would be very, very basic so that they know you can construct sentences and know what 2+2 is. Just ace the interview and get the job. CONFIDENCE!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh i think that's supermarkets, I don't really think there is a maths and english assessment however if there is, it's would be very, very basic so that they know you can construct sentences and know what 2+2 is. Just ace the interview and get the job. CONFIDENCE!
    You've been a great help thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah! Sorry to bother you again! xD

One more question: Do they make you complete any other tests during the interview stage for example: Situational test, like the first test I completed on my application where you submit the best and worse answer?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roy101)
    Oh yeah! Sorry to bother you again! xD

One more question: Do they make you complete any other tests during the interview stage for example: Situational test, like the first test I completed on my application where you submit the best and worse answer?

Thanks
    Might be too late but they may or may not ask you to do the situation test again however everyone I know weren't asked to repeat the test so you should be golden with just the interview, again good luck and be confident that you'll ace it!

ReputationRep:
    Might be too late but they may or may not ask you to do the situation test again however everyone I know weren't asked to repeat the test so you should be golden with just the interview, again good luck and be confident that you'll ace it!
    Hello, thank you so much. I hope it goes well. I will make sure to let you know xD

Not late at all, the night before the interview actually!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Np, yeah do let me know and remember confidence and be prepared! good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Np, yeah do let me know and remember confidence and be prepared! good luck.
    Thank-you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.