Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my boyfriend split up with me Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    completely heartbroken no clue what to do it has caused me to make some really bad decisions and all i want is him back help me

You don't need a man in your life.
    Get a cute dog and you'll love it!

He broke up with you so i don't think there is much point in you messaging him or calling him. You need to focus on your life now, do hobbies you enjoy and work towards your career. You're a girl so you can easily find other guys but I wouldn't recommend that, I would suggest go through the feelings you are going through, learn the lessons that only a break up will teach you. Be happy without having a boyfriend, so that when you do find someone you want to be with, you can have a healthy non-needy relationship with that person.

You're probably thinking about all the good things that happened in your relationship right about now, just go through the emotions feel sad and cry, do things that you love comfort eat. Slowly move on start going to the gym and start doing things you enjoy, go out with your friends and focus on your goals be it studying or working on your career. Then you will realise after a few months or after a year you will be such a stronger and more powerful person with substance and you wont have to rely on a 'boyfriend' for happiness. Don't worry about what your ex is doing because that's none of your concern now, hes broken up with you, that version of him that you thought you loved is gone, it will never be the same now even if you get back with him. Best advice is to work on yourself. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciaradodd)
    completely heartbroken no clue what to do it has caused me to make some really bad decisions and all i want is him back help me
    Time will heal you. You’ll get over it. He’s not worth your time. You’ll find someone better and new.

Standard relationship breakup advice etc etc.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Time will heal you. You’ll get over it. He’s not worth your time. You’ll find someone better and new.

Standard relationship breakup advice etc etc.
    Not worth it? Better? You don't even know why the bf broke up with them.

ReputationRep:
    Good riddance.

ReputationRep:
    Meh life goes on lmao. Did you honestly expect to find 1 person and live happily ever after lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volibear)
    Not worth it? Better? You don't even know why the bf broke up with them.
    What do you suggest I say, “hey he maybe broke up with you because you’re awful and nobody can stand to be around you”

It’s just what you say when someone’s gone through a breakup. It’s a kindness. Geez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    What do you suggest I say, “hey he maybe broke up with you because you’re awful and nobody can stand to be around you”

It’s just what you say when someone’s gone through a breakup. It’s a kindness. Geez.
    There are other ways of showing empathy without automatically blaming the other party. You've just gone from one end of the spectrum to the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volibear)
    There are other ways of showing empathy without automatically blaming the other party. You've just gone from one end of the spectrum to the other.
    I’m not blaming anybody. If he’s broken up with her, then they’re both not worth each other’s time. They will both move on to (hopefully) happier relationships. There’s absolutely nothing wrong or untruthful about saying so.

ReputationRep:
    Allow yourself to feel hurt and sad for a while, then move on. Enjoy taking some time for yourself, then consider dating again when you're ready. You'll be just fine, even if it doesn't feel that way now.

ReputationRep:
    Did you ask him for a valid reason as to why the relationship ended?

If he didn't give you one, then you now know he wasn't worth your valuable time.

You'll find someone wayy better than him.

Best advice to get over a relationship, go swimming. It helps calm you down.

ReputationRep:
    I'm here to listen, two sides to every story.

I'm here to listen, two sides to every story.

ReputationRep:
    Give him space. If he wants to get back together he will you know. But you may have to face the possibility you two may never get back together. Obviously, we don't know the full story so none of us know how good your chances will be.

Take some time to reflect on this, go through the emotions and be around people who will look out for you and who you can confide in. Try and keep yourself busy and get on with life how you normally would and in time it will get easier I promise you. You will learn to live with the hurt and eventually it will go. I know it sounds very cliche but it WILL get better and you WILL find somebody better.
    The saying "There's plenty more fish in the sea." happens to be very true.

What happens, happens. If he wants to talk to you and make it right again he knows where you are. If he doesn't then it was meant to be. Sometimes things happen for a reason and this may actually be a blessing in disguise, even though it doesn't feel like it right now.

ReputationRep:
    Give yourself time and you will gradually feel better. Distance yourself from him and keep yourself busy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.