Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I been waiting for weeks now, but I got confirmation that I will get both sets of money for uni and maintenance grant.
    However my issue/problem or what ever you want to call it is, why do they need to check something with pension department regarding my NI number and why it takes a week to process it, when everything's done electrically these days.

so what I'm saying is, will my uni and I receive the money both the same set day or different days........?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan A)
    I been waiting for weeks now, but I got confirmation that I will get both sets of money for uni and maintenance grant.
    However my issue/problem or what ever you want to call it is, why do they need to check something with pension department regarding my NI number and why it takes a week to process it, when everything's done electrically these days.

so what I'm saying is, will my uni and I receive the money both the same set day or different days........?
    Hi Dan,

All student's who apply to Student Finance for the first time have to have their national insurance number (NINO) check by department for work and pensions (DWP) once their application has been approved. The national insurance number is sent on the first available Wednesday after the application is approved ( the files only go weekly).
    You would be expect to receive your Maintenance Loan 3-5 working days after your national insurance number has be validated and your university have confirmed your registration to Student Finance.
    The university may not be paid at the same time, as tuition fees are scheduled differently.

Thanks
    Louise

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much Louise,
    least now I know its all in the right places & not to stress over it

(Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi Dan,

All student's who apply to Student Finance for the first time have to have their national insurance number (NINO) check by department for work and pensions (DWP) once their application has been approved. The national insurance number is sent on the first available Wednesday after the application is approved ( the files only go weekly).
    You would be expect to receive your Maintenance Loan 3-5 working days after your national insurance number has be validated and your university have confirmed your registration to Student Finance.
    The university may not be paid at the same time, as tuition fees are scheduled differently.

Thanks
    Louise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.