ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    if youre gonna say no pls give an explanation

(Original post by Stuffme)
    video call the gentleman
    To confirm he is who he says he is ?
    (Original post by Stuffme)
    video call the gentleman
    To confirm that he is who he says he is ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Of course not! U should personally know this person they may be wanting to only take advantage of u or it may be a friend whose made a fake account. It's way too dangerous, he may be good but I wouldn't take the risk.

But surely meeting up at a train station IS public ?

ReputationRep:
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

No matter how hard you're crushing on him - NO. Common sense! Meet with him first, if anything! You feel you know everything about this guy but trust me, you probably don't know as much as you should if you want to go on holiday with him.
    No matter how mature you feel, your SAFETY is not to be compromised with! Even if you feel safe!! You can't trust anyone fully but yourself. Do not fall for it. Please, don't be irrational, don't be stupid.
    Meet up with him first in a safe environment, I'd suggest bringing a friend (might be awkward but it is for your safety!) and see how it goes from there. Take your time before you whiz off to god knows where with someone you do not know! Really -- TAKE YOUR TIME. MONTHS, maybe even a YEAR! Do NOT, I repeat, NOT go on holiday with someone you have never met!

I've been in a similar situation and it did not end well. Do not make the same mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Is he a Nigerian oil tycoon? If so, of course! Just make sure to send him all your bank details first, so he can set you up before you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if you want to star in Taken 4 or what because this looks like the beginnings of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous)
    ok so i asked this on reddit last night and it didn't go well 🙄 i think i just shouldve explained it a bit better.

He dm'd me on twitter 3/4 weeks ago, since then, we have spoken to each other via text or whatever for many hours (sometimes a whole day), every day! We know a lot about each other we just haven't met. We've wanted to but i'm at university (bristol) and he lives up north. For the time being, it's long distance but i'm on a foundation year and always planned to study at nottingham after this year (so me transferring unis was originally nothing to do with him but now it's obviously a benefit).

Anyways, he asked me to go on holiday with him next week, for a few days. I'm ok with missing a few days off uni, we don't have many contact hours anyways so i wouldn't be missing out on a lot, plus i'd catch up anyways. It was originally to spain but my passport expired last month so we'd just stay in the uk.

What do you think ? Bc i don't see much wrong but i just want to know your opinions bc i don't often have the greatest ideas. If youre gonna say no pls give an explanation any questions just ask aaaand thanks also he's 23 and paying for everything
    videocall him

ReputationRep:
    you have a long way to go

We send snaps to each other a lot so i'm sure of what he looks like. and i deffo am not considering going only bc of the "free holiday" part, i just want to be with him idc where

ReputationRep:
    We send snaps to each other a lot so i'm sure of what he looks like. and i deffo am not considering going only bc of the "free holiday" part, i just want to be with him idc where
    Then take the suggestion of him meeting you and a few friends in Bristol. Stop being stupid.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    But how would I know he isn't going to murder or rape me ? I trust him cause i've been speaking with him for a long time now. Don't me wrong I once read the autobiography of Michelle Knight who was held captive for 9 years so i am aware of the danger of being kidnapped but i feel like i can trust this guy
    You don't know that either so why take the risk?

Get over yourself, you've talked to him for a few weeks and not even video called or met yet. Stop being so naive and understand that your safety is what's important.

ReputationRep:
    Please be careful, I would definitely advise against going on a holiday with someone you've never met in person.
    If you want to meet up with him, go out for lunch or dinner in a restaurant and stay in public places, like the Christmas market or something. Also, tell your parents/close friends where you're going and don't go out too late and take care of yourself x

ReputationRep:
    absolutely not, you don't know him at all! x
    You've never met him before, and don't know his intentions either - what if he's out to harm you?
    Don't trust a stranger like that, and if you want to meet up to get to know him, take a friend or go in a public place
    I urge you to make the right decison

ReputationRep:
    But how would I know he isn't going to murder or rape me ? I trust him cause i've been speaking with him for a long time now. Don't me wrong I once read the autobiography of Michelle Knight who was held captive for 9 years so i am aware of the danger of being kidnapped but i feel like i can trust this guy
    famous last words

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i asked this on reddit last night and it didn't go well 🙄 I think i just shouldve explained it a bit better.

He dm'd me on twitter 3/4 weeks ago, since then, we have spoken to each other via text or whatever for many hours (sometimes a whole day), every day! We know a lot about each other we just haven't met. We've wanted to but i'm at university (bristol) and he lives up north. For the time being, it's long distance but i'm on a foundation year and always planned to study at nottingham after this year (so me transferring unis was originally nothing to do with him but now it's obviously a benefit).

Anyways, he asked me to go on holiday with him next week, for a few days. I'm ok with missing a few days off uni, we don't have many contact hours anyways so i wouldn't be missing out on a lot, plus i'd catch up anyways. It was originally to Spain but my passport expired last month so we'd just stay in the UK.

What do you think ? bc i don't see much wrong but i just want to know your opinions bc i don't often have the greatest ideas. if youre gonna say no pls give an explanation any questions just ask aaaand thanks also he's 23 and paying for everything
    If you value your liver, heart, kidneys, lungs or any other vital, harvestable organ, then I suggest steering clear.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Idk why you would if you have to put the word boyfriend in quotation marks.

ReputationRep:
    Just the fact that you're so set up on defending yourself clearly shows that you have no intention of taking on board our advice. Go on holiday with him if that's what you really want.

ReputationRep:
    Have you even seen him? Photo/facetime?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.