Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you rather live for the next 10 years OR live an infinite life? Watch

• View Poll Results: 10 years or infinite life - what would you choose?
    Live for the next 10 years
    44.74%
    Live an infinite life
    55.26%

• TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    In both accounts you physically cannot die in the duration's stated

• You are alive for the next 10 years but die on the 10 year mark OR
    • You live an infinite life where you never die

Which would you choose?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Option 1. Don't want to live forever, would be excruciatingly painful to watch everyone I love die around me. Nooooo thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you choose infinite life do you go old or just stay the same? I mean if I can be 18 forever then definitely infinite
    • TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gfayers9)
    If you choose infinite life do you go old or just stay the same? I mean if I can be 18 forever then definitely infinite
    You'd stay as you are now
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Infinite life sounds okay but would probably get a bit dull after the heat death of the universe.

ReputationRep:
    Infinite life for sure. What scares me is that sole apocalyptic event takes place and all humans die out. But me. So i roam this planet alone for billions of years, until the Sun swallows the Earth as a Red Giant, after which I roam the Cosmos. Slowly watching stars in the distance disappear as the Universe expands until it is completely dark and I am alone for ever.

Or Humanity colonises the our galaxy/cluster or Universe
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Infinite life, the idea of death is pretty terrifying, though the poster above pretty much highlighted my fears.

Yes, the people you love will die, but you'll meet so many new people - you'd also probably end up being the most intelligent person on the planet with all your experience.

ReputationRep:
    I'd happily be dead in 10 years, so long as I get to do the things that I want to do.

ReputationRep:
    There is literally no worse possible torture than living eternally. It's easy to think it's good when you're just thinking of the next thousand years. But not so good when you really take in the gravity of what that entails... There will be a time when everything ends, but you will not. It will just be you, alone, in a void, alone with your thoughts for all eternity.

As time goes on, hundreds, thousands, millions of years, the brief time in which you experienced life with other things in existence becomes a smaller and smaller slice of your life experience. Soon you will have lived for billions upon billions of years in an eternal neverending void. No end in sight. Just going and going. All for a few thousand more years being around human civilization.

It'd be better to die NOW than live eternally.

And you know what, that'd be a great way to end a superhero movie or whatever... Usually the villain fails their quest for immortality and is beaten by the hero. Swap it up. Have them inject the immortality serum, and then speed up fast forward until the world ends and they're just screaming in a void for eternity as the credits roll. A really chilling ending indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickles)
    In both accounts you physically cannot die in the duration's stated

• You are alive for the next 10 years but die on the 10 year mark OR
    • You live an infinite life where you never die

Which would you choose?
    if i could stay at a young age then infinite, it would be horrible to see people i love die but i am scared of death anyways so??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Live for 10 years.

ReputationRep:
    Eternal life.

If i physically cant die, then that'd be lit. Big up i'd piss off all the big dons in the country assassinate people like trump and go down a legend in history, gg might light a few nukes here and there. I could do bare sh*t like travel to other planets and just explore and do some interesting sh*t.

Would be hella lit if such a state was possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
    Eternal life.

If i physically cant die, then that'd be lit. Big up i'd piss off all the big dons in the country assassinate people like trump and go down a legend in history, gg might light a few nukes here and there. I could do bare sh*t like travel to other planets and just explore and do some interesting sh*t.

Would be hella lit if such a state was possible.
    Everything you said sounds interesting but the fact is even if your immortal, humans can still capture you after you commit a crime. plus unlike prisoners which die at some point you could stay trapped until earth itself is destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    I would choose living forever. many make the argument that watching your loved ones die is a bad thing and that if earth ended and you roamed in the void forever you never know what you might find. for all you know there is a world out there with a colony of beings that are also immortal and who is to say you can't find someone there that you can love forever

Infinite life as I would be able to see how the world changes.E.g.new songs,new technology,new movies and meeting new people.And if they die yes it will be sad but you know it's life.....

ReputationRep:
      I would rather live for only the next 1 hour than infinitely.

ReputationRep:
      Infinite life is literally the worst thing ever, to exist... forever...

Literally a never ending nightmare

ReputationRep:
      Option 1. An infinite life would suck as everything else dies and the Universe suffers its heat death.

ReputationRep:
      I would definitely live forever. You say I'd eventually just wind up floating in a cold, black, empty abyss with nothing but my thoughts, but given a few million years, I'm sure I could work out how to hop into the next universe over and have fun with whoever's there.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
      I'd happily be dead in 10 years, so long as I get to do the things that I want to do.
      Yeah I like the idea of living for eternity if we had a little device to hop around the universe and across time, providing there are large alien civilisations about. Sci-Fi life would be great, but as it is now, no I'd rather be dead in ten years. Gives you a good date to do anything if you know you cant die until then. A nice goal, you could give up on many of the things in life that are a waste of time and really focus on getting stuff done.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.