Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will he know i’m a virgin? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I’m 18 and me and my boyfriend want to have sex. The only problem is I told him i’ve had a sexual partner in the past because ages ago I didn’t think we’d end up together because he’s very experienced and has slept with a lot of girls (he does not have any std’s he had been checked). It turns out we have both fallen for eachother but he thinks i’m not a virgin when I am. we attempted to have sex and it just wouldn’t go in that far and he’s fingered me a lot with 2-3 fingers before. Help.

ReputationRep:
    I would just be honest with him.

If he doesn't know it's your first time, he won't know to take a little more care and make sure you're okay with everything that happens. That's important.

There's also the potential bleeding/spotting which could raise questions. You might not experience that, though, it's different for everyone.

I think you should tell him you are a virgin. He will understand and will try to help you relax more for your first time. It sounds like you are nervous, which makes it hard for him to enter you. Spend time before on foreplay. The more relaxed and turned on you are, the easier and more enjoyable it will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klw18)
    I would just be honest with him.

If he doesn't know it's your first time, he won't know to take a little more care and make sure you're okay with everything that happens. That's important.

There's also the potential bleeding/spotting which could raise questions. You might not experience that, though, it's different for everyone.
    i told him i haven’t had much sex in my past relationship and it’s been a long time since I last did it. It’s going to be really awkward telling him now. I wish I just told him to begin with

All virgins are virgins until the day they are not virgins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whattodo22)
    i told him i haven’t had much sex in my past relationship and it’s been a long time since I last did it. It’s going to be really awkward telling him now. I wish I just told him to begin with
    It will be more meaningful for both of you if he knows.

ReputationRep:
    Is he really the guy you want to have your first time with, or are you losing your v card for the sake of it?

Only do it if you really want to, not for the pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whattodo22)
    I’m 18 and me and my boyfriend want to have sex. The only problem is I told him i’ve had a sexual partner in the past because ages ago I didn’t think we’d end up together because he’s very experienced and has slept with a lot of girls (he does not have any std’s he had been checked). It turns out we have both fallen for eachother but he thinks i’m not a virgin when I am. we attempted to have sex and it just wouldn’t go in that far and he’s fingered me a lot with 2-3 fingers before. Help.
    Be honest with him. Being a virgin is nothing to be embarrassed about. I think he would rather know and he'd probably feel quite happy knowing that he had been your only sexual partner!

ReputationRep:
    does it really bloody matter
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    also use lube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lances)
    does it really bloody matter
    Pun intended?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabbathemuttdog)
    Pun intended?
    yepsolutely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lances)
    yepsolutely

ReputationRep:
    Didn't it put you off that he had been with a lot of girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Didn't it put you off that he had been with a lot of girls?
    A little, but he’s different in a relationship he’s never cheated. Been in long relationships etc. It’s just single him that’s a bit of a turn off

ReputationRep:
    I agree with everyone here that you should tell him the truth, but he shouldn't be able to tell you're a virgin by the state of your vagina, no. What might give it away is your behaviour. Hesitation, wrong angles, etc. There's actually like a little bit of muscle memory involved. But if you said you haven't had sex much I guess that could explain it. (Or you could also claim you were drunk when it happened.)

But, anyway, if it continues to be a problem for you, do look into vaginismus. Difficulty with sex is actually pretty common and can happen to women with all kinds of experience. It can also onset at anytime in life, especially if you have any anxiety and stress. (Meaning it can be a bit of a vicious cycle if you panic during sex!) It can also depend on the size of your boyfriend, if he's very large then it's unsurprising you're having problems. So basically, relax, and don't worry about it giving you away!

But I really would tell him. It might be a bit awkward but honestly if he's anything other than understanding then I don't think you want your first time to be with him anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.