Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m so lost with a psychology dissertation, my proposal is due in 2 days and I still don’t have an idea. Please can someone help me!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by universitygeek)
    I’m so lost with a psychology dissertation, my proposal is due in 2 days and I still don’t have an idea. Please can someone help me!
    I'm sorry no-one got back to you about this on time. Did you manage to choose to a topic to do your dissertation on in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    I'm sorry no-one got back to you about this on time. Did you manage to choose to a topic to do your dissertation on in the end?
    No i am still completely lost but i managed to get an extension instead, still have zero ideas
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    No i am still completely lost but i managed to get an extension instead, still have zero ideas
    So the first place to start will be asking yourself questions such as the area of psychology you're most interested in? Have you done essays/reports on anything and thought 'actually I'd like to find out more about that?' Do you prefer working with quantitative or qualititative data?

ReputationRep:
    So the first place to start will be asking yourself questions such as the area of psychology you're most interested in? Have you done essays/reports on anything and thought 'actually I'd like to find out more about that?' Do you prefer working with quantitative or qualititative data?
    Quantitative is the area I prefer and mental health and counselling is what I like

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken to your supervisor or course director about this? What progress have you made since you posted this a week ago?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Quantitative is the area I prefer and mental health and counselling is what I like
    That's what I'd approach your dissertation tutor with Do some independent research into qualititative based mental health studies...maybe involving students as it'll be much easier to get your ethics approved if you use a student population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Have you spoken to your supervisor or course director about this? What progress have you made since you posted this a week ago?
    I looked at articles, I have body image in males as a back up but I’m just not that interested In it. I have a meeting with them next week, so I need to have a research study together

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'd approach your dissertation tutor with Do some independent research into qualititative based mental health studies...maybe involving students as it'll be much easier to get your ethics approved if you use a student population.
    Ok I’ll try this thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.