The Student Room Group

Psychology dissertation

I’m so lost with a psychology dissertation, my proposal is due in 2 days and I still don’t have an idea. Please can someone help me!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by universitygeek
I’m so lost with a psychology dissertation, my proposal is due in 2 days and I still don’t have an idea. Please can someone help me!

I'm sorry no-one got back to you about this on time. Did you manage to choose to a topic to do your dissertation on in the end? :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
I'm sorry no-one got back to you about this on time. Did you manage to choose to a topic to do your dissertation on in the end? :smile:

No i am still completely lost but i managed to get an extension instead, still have zero ideas
Reply 3
No i am still completely lost but i managed to get an extension instead, still have zero ideas

So the first place to start will be asking yourself questions such as the area of psychology you're most interested in? Have you done essays/reports on anything and thought 'actually I'd like to find out more about that?' Do you prefer working with quantitative or qualititative data?
Original post by Deyesy
So the first place to start will be asking yourself questions such as the area of psychology you're most interested in? Have you done essays/reports on anything and thought 'actually I'd like to find out more about that?' Do you prefer working with quantitative or qualititative data?

Quantitative is the area I prefer and mental health and counselling is what I like
Have you spoken to your supervisor or course director about this? What progress have you made since you posted this a week ago?
Reply 6
Quantitative is the area I prefer and mental health and counselling is what I like

That's what I'd approach your dissertation tutor with :smile: Do some independent research into qualititative based mental health studies...maybe involving students as it'll be much easier to get your ethics approved if you use a student population.
Original post by Duncan2012
Have you spoken to your supervisor or course director about this? What progress have you made since you posted this a week ago?

I looked at articles, I have body image in males as a back up but I’m just not that interested In it. I have a meeting with them next week, so I need to have a research study together
Original post by Deyesy
That's what I'd approach your dissertation tutor with :smile: Do some independent research into qualititative based mental health studies...maybe involving students as it'll be much easier to get your ethics approved if you use a student population.

Ok I’ll try this thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest