The Student Room Group

What do you need to get a 2:1

I know it varies from uni to uni and depending on course but in general, what sort of grades/ percentages do you usually need to get a 2:1? I just want to know whether I'm actually on track or not because right now I have no idea.
Original post by EmmaRebecca1997
I know it varies from uni to uni and depending on course but in general, what sort of grades/ percentages do you usually need to get a 2:1? I just want to know whether I'm actually on track or not because right now I have no idea.

Hi :hello:

You may be best asking a tutor to confirm what percentage you would need for a 2:1 classification. At our university a 60% - 69% is a 2:1 and a 70% is a first.

Hope this helps :smile:

Ruth
Reply 2

2:1 usually falls between 60% and 69.9%. 70% and above is a first.

For my course and Uni 2.1 is 59%-68.5%
60-69.9%, but it depends how your uni does the rounding and if there are any extra rules.

At mine you need 59.45-69.44% overall weighted for an immediate 2:1, but if you get 57-59.44% you get put in a borderline category where you are then assessed by your median unweighted module grade. If you still end up as borderline then you are assessed by your final year grade.

Quick Reply

Latest