Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to study LPC? UoL, BPP or Birmingham City Uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I have offers from University of Law, BPP and Birmingham City Uni to study the LPC LLM. I have a TC but they are not funding the LPC so I will have to self-fund take out a loan.

Birmingham City's LPC is only £8000, so I could take out a loan to cover the full amount. I would rather go here for this reason, but I am worried that this will hurt my future career prospects, as the University is not as good as the other two. Does it matter where you go for the LPC?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    My understanding is that firms have a preferred provider because they get a discount, if you’re self-funding I wouldn’t have thought the provider is so important. As for career prospects, as you already have a training contract your subsequent experience will be far more important than where you studied the LPC.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    As long as you can do optional/elective modules related to the type of law you will be working in, it really won't matter

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.