Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for an MSc program 14 days ago. Along with my application I attached a CV (not required) in which I mentioned that I ranked 11th of a 140 student class. One of my referees is a former dean of school, in his reference letter he stated that I ranked 11th out of 135 students. Now as per my limited knowledge I know that we entered college as 142 students and I was aware that 2 have transferred to other colleges. I didn't know everyone in class and therefore I wasn't aware of how many students actually repeated/transferred etc. But since the professor had access to the system he managed to provide more accurate information. I'm afraid this mistake could harm my credibility as an applicant, though it was truly an honest mistake! Should I email the admissions administrators to set the record straight or what should I do? I am really concerned.

Thanks in advance.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by S.E.)
    I applied for an MSc program 14 days ago. Along with my application I attached a CV (not required) in which I mentioned that I ranked 11th of a 140 student class. One of my referees is a former dean of school, in his reference letter he stated that I ranked 11th out of 135 students. Now as per my limited knowledge I know that we entered college as 142 students and I was aware that 2 have transferred to other colleges. I didn't know everyone in class and therefore I wasn't aware of how many students actually repeated/transferred etc. But since the professor had access to the system he managed to provide more accurate information. I'm afraid this mistake could harm my credibility as an applicant, though it was truly an honest mistake! Should I email the admissions administrators to set the record straight or what should I do? I am really concerned.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi @S.E.

I think it would be worth emailing the admissions tutor to just let them know and to put your mind at rest! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about at all, but for peace of mind I'd send them a quick email.

Thanks,
    Heather
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey S.E.

As Heather has mentioned, email the admissions tutor about it. But, given how minor an omission it is, I highly doubt it'll affect your credibility with us and the tutor will understand.

all the best,

David

ReputationRep:
    Thank you @Heather and @David for your replies! I guess I will send a quick email then.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2017
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.