Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can Samsung Tab s2/s3 LTE version use social media Apps ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I want a tablet that can use full features of Social Media Programs . That is : Line , IMO , Whatsup , Snapchat , etc like any android phone. also to send and receive SMS

The Samsung Tab S3 has LTE Verson that supports GSM and phone calls .

My Question is : does it also support installing the programs said above ? or Just makes phonecalls and receive them ?

Thank you
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewHorizons2)
    Hello,

I want a tablet that can use full features of Social Media Programs . That is : Line , IMO , Whatsup , Snapchat , etc like any android phone. also to send and receive SMS

My Question is : does it also support installing the programs said above ? or Just makes phonecalls and receive them ?

Thank you
    What would be the point of a tablet that can only make phone calls?

It runs Android, of course you can install those apps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    What would be the point of a tablet that can only make phone calls?

It runs Android, of course you can install those apps.
    The point is using the social media apps that needs a phone number to work.

Whatss up will not allow you to use it without a sim card in your device.

and using social media on large screen is 1000 times better than mobile phones .

Talk with your relatives on big screen Video calls. while the tablet is on the table and all watching.

Android play store has filters depending on the device connected . not all apps will appear on all devices .

More over , the APP itself should also support tablets to work , and these programs are Phones programs .
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    The point is using the social media apps that needs a phone number to work.

Whatss up will not allow you to use it without a sim card in your device.
    If your tablet has a SIM card in it then it has s phone number.

and using social media on large screen is 1000 times better than mobile phones .

Talk with your relatives on big screen Video calls. while the tablet is on the table and all watching.
    I'm not sure why you're telling me this.

Android play store has filters depending on the device connected . not all apps will appear on all devices .
    Then bypass the Play Store entirely, just download the APK files off the internet and set your tablet to accept app installs from unapproved sources.

More over , the APP itself should also support tablets to work , and these programs are Phones programs .
    The interface might just look like a stretched out version of the phone interface then, but it's still an android app.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I'm not sure why you're telling me this.

... I need confirmation if the specific device s3/s2 works or not. not General talking in Android.

and you are mistaken about any tablet with sim will have a phone number.

for example , Apple IPAD with LTE will never allow you to use Social media apps even if you install a Phone sim in it.

and I dont like downloading APK for security reasons.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:

and you are mistaken about any tablet with sim will have a phone number.
    All sim cards have an associated phone number.

for example , Apple IPAD with LTE will never allow you to use Social media apps even if you install a Phone sim in it.
    That's Apple stopping you from using them on an iPad because they want you to buy more expensive iPhones for this purpose, not because the iPad cannot access the SIM card's number.

and I dont like downloading APK for security reasons.
    Then you've painted yourself into a corner- you know they're not available on the tablet version of the Play Store but won't download them from sources other than the Play Store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    All sim cards have an associated phone number.

That's Apple stopping you from using them on an iPad because they want you to buy more expensive iPhones for this purpose, not because the iPad cannot access the SIM card's number.

Then you've painted yourself into a corner- you know they're not available on the tablet version of the Play Store but won't download them from sources other than the Play Store.
    umm , you did not answer me yet, the Tab s3 , does it work or not ? you only talk in general Android. I dont want to pay $650 then regret it , it is an expensive Tablet.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    umm , you did not answer me yet, the Tab s3 , does it work or not ? you only talk in general Android. I dont want to pay $650 then regret it , it is an expensive Tablet.
    You've answered your own questions- it doesn't appear on the Play Store for tablets and you won't download apks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    You've answered your own questions- it doesn't appear on the Play Store for tablets and you won't download apks.
    Then you dont know . ok thanks for your time will wait for another one to reply.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Thank you
    TSR isn't Samsung's customer service department. Ask them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Then you dont know . ok thanks for your time will wait for another one to reply.
    You're asking quite a specific question on quite a small tech forum, odds are you aren't going to get an answer from someone with first hand experience with your particular tablet. You're better off just googling if the Tab S2/S3 can find WhatsApp in the Play Store, that will.give you your answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    TSR isn't Samsung's customer service department. Ask them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well maybe some one has the tablet .it is popular.

and I already sent samsung an email. but they are very late in replying and I will buy this tomorrow maximum

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.