Law Personal Statement Help

Watch this thread
Itssbeckie
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm starting to write my personal statement to apply for a Law Degree next year. What type of things would look good on my personal statement? What type of experience? Things I can do in college and outside of college? Any reading? If so, any suggestions on books to read to enhance my chances? What Universities are top for Law in the country? As I've looked at ranks, but different places say different things so I am not sure.
ElvinNZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Itssbeckie)
I'm starting to write my personal statement to apply for a Law Degree next year. What type of things would look good on my personal statement? What type of experience? Things I can do in college and outside of college? Any reading? If so, any suggestions on books to read to enhance my chances? What Universities are top for Law in the country? As I've looked at ranks, but different places say different things so I am not sure.
You should mainly focus on linking your areas of study and interest to law. More specifically the subjects you study at school eg if you do English, History or Classics you can easy relate these to law. Same goes for your extra-curriculars, only mention them if you can link them to Law.

In addition you need to express profusely your interest in law and why you would want to study it at uni this is best done intertwined with your part on your academics in relation to Law.
Itssbeckie
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by ElvinNZ)
You should mainly focus on linking your areas of study and interest to law. More specifically the subjects you study at school eg if you do English, History or Classics you can easy relate these to law. Same goes for your extra-curriculars, only mention them if you can link them to Law.

In addition you need to express profusely your interest in law and why you would want to study it at uni this is best done intertwined with your part on your academics in relation to Law.
I'm currently studying A level Law, History and Psychology, so I can somewhat link it to Law, thank you.
The Lawyer Portal
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Itssbeckie)
Hi Beckie!

We have lots of free resources that I think could help you, including on law personal statements and choosing the right university! Here are just some of the articles which could help:

Law Personal Statement
Personal Statement for Law - Writing Guide
Law Personal Statement Tips: Do's and Don'ts

As for choosing the right uni, take a look at:
Choosing Between Law Universities & Law Degrees
Uni by Uni - A Selection of Top Law Universities

Hope these help!

The Lawyer Portal
OkashiAddict
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Rather than experience, they're more interested in why you're interested in studying law as an academic subject as opposed to wanting to become a lawyer as it's not a vocational course. So try and display ways in which you'd be suitable to study law- where have you shown good critical analysis skills, problem solving, etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (92)
19.96%
The paper was reasonable (176)
38.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.81%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
16.05%

Watched Threads