Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to resit the old specification for Edexcel A Level, is anyone else? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I took Edexcel geography and I got low As in AS but 2 Ds in A2 papers, which I thought went really well but unfortunately this was not the case. I want to resit in order to boost my grade for future prospects as I am at university already (Russel Group) but some grad scheme require As and Bs and I got a C in Geography. It would be amazing if anyone else was resisting especially for paper 2 which is the report and requires a lot of extensive research.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Theawesomejem)
    Hi everyone, I took Edexcel geography and I got low As in AS but 2 Ds in A2 papers, which I thought went really well but unfortunately this was not the case. I want to resit in order to boost my grade for future prospects as I am at university already (Russel Group) but some grad scheme require As and Bs and I got a C in Geography. It would be amazing if anyone else was resisting especially for paper 2 which is the report and requires a lot of extensive research.
    Just find a test centre and enter yourself. It requires an exam fee and the test centre fee.

You should check it doesnt clash with uni exams. I doubt uni will compromise.

I looked at the spec and theres a Geographical investigation AS and Geographical research..

Its the last chance 2018.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Just find a test centre and enter yourself. It requires an exam fee and the test centre fee.

You should check it doesnt clash with uni exams. I doubt uni will compromise.

I looked at the spec and theres a Geographical investigation AS and Geographical research..

Its the last chance 2018.
    Thanks for your response! I'm doing it at my old college as it's cheaper than at an exam centre as an external student but my old teacher liked me so he's going to help out anyway he can. I got an A in As I just need to pull up my A2 grades, it's the Geo4 report which is geographical research I think and is based on the pre-release which makes it harder.
    I do history at Warwick which is 100% coursework/essays first year due to my module choice, my only outside option politics has a 3 hour exam in July so it definitely won't clash! I'm just thinking of job prospects it's for the best
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Thanks for your response! I'm doing it at my old college as it's cheaper than at an exam centre as an external student but my old teacher liked me so he's going to help out anyway he can. I got an A in As I just need to pull up my A2 grades, it's the Geo4 report which is geographical research I think and is based on the pre-release which makes it harder.
    I do history at Warwick which is 100% coursework/essays first year due to my module chose, my only outside option politics has a 3 hour exam in July so it definitely won't clash! I'm just thinking of job prospects it's for the best
    Then you are sorted. I pointed it out because theres the geographical investigation which is also paper 2 of the AS. 2018 is your last chance. GL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Then you are sorted. I pointed it out because theres the geographical investigation which is also paper 2 of the AS. 2018 is your last chance. GL.
    Thank you!! I am going to take that last chance and try my best I was hoping to find someone else who was redoing it to share revision material
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! I am going to take that last chance and try my best I was hoping to find someone else who was redoing it to share revision material
    There has to be somebody doing Edexcel Geography old spec resit in 2018, I'm answering energy and biodiversity for Section A on paper 1 and revising tectonics for the paper 2 report

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.