Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to resit the old specification for Edexcel A Level, is anyone else? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I took Edexcel geography and I got low As in AS but 2 Ds in A2 papers, which I thought went really well but unfortunately this was not the case. I want to resit in order to boost my grade for future prospects as I am at university already (Russel Group) but some grad scheme require As and Bs and I got a C in Geography. It would be amazing if anyone else was resisting especially for paper 2 which is the report and requires a lot of extensive research.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Theawesomejem)
    Hi everyone, I took Edexcel geography and I got low As in AS but 2 Ds in A2 papers, which I thought went really well but unfortunately this was not the case. I want to resit in order to boost my grade for future prospects as I am at university already (Russel Group) but some grad scheme require As and Bs and I got a C in Geography. It would be amazing if anyone else was resisting especially for paper 2 which is the report and requires a lot of extensive research.
    Just find a test centre and enter yourself. It requires an exam fee and the test centre fee.

You should check it doesnt clash with uni exams. I doubt uni will compromise.

I looked at the spec and theres a Geographical investigation AS and Geographical research..

Its the last chance 2018.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Just find a test centre and enter yourself. It requires an exam fee and the test centre fee.

You should check it doesnt clash with uni exams. I doubt uni will compromise.

I looked at the spec and theres a Geographical investigation AS and Geographical research..

Its the last chance 2018.
    Thanks for your response! I'm doing it at my old college as it's cheaper than at an exam centre as an external student but my old teacher liked me so he's going to help out anyway he can. I got an A in As I just need to pull up my A2 grades, it's the Geo4 report which is geographical research I think and is based on the pre-release which makes it harder.
    I do history at Warwick which is 100% coursework/essays first year due to my module choice, my only outside option politics has a 3 hour exam in July so it definitely won't clash! I'm just thinking of job prospects it's for the best
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Thanks for your response! I'm doing it at my old college as it's cheaper than at an exam centre as an external student but my old teacher liked me so he's going to help out anyway he can. I got an A in As I just need to pull up my A2 grades, it's the Geo4 report which is geographical research I think and is based on the pre-release which makes it harder.
    I do history at Warwick which is 100% coursework/essays first year due to my module chose, my only outside option politics has a 3 hour exam in July so it definitely won't clash! I'm just thinking of job prospects it's for the best
    Then you are sorted. I pointed it out because theres the geographical investigation which is also paper 2 of the AS. 2018 is your last chance. GL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Then you are sorted. I pointed it out because theres the geographical investigation which is also paper 2 of the AS. 2018 is your last chance. GL.
    Thank you!! I am going to take that last chance and try my best I was hoping to find someone else who was redoing it to share revision material

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! I am going to take that last chance and try my best I was hoping to find someone else who was redoing it to share revision material
    There has to be somebody doing Edexcel Geography old spec resit in 2018, I'm answering energy and biodiversity for Section A on paper 1 and revising tectonics for the paper 2 report

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I’m resitting Unit 1 and Unit 3 this year due to getting a C for geography and missing out on my UCL offer

ReputationRep:
    There has to be somebody doing Edexcel Geography old spec resit in 2018, I'm answering energy and biodiversity for Section A on paper 1 and revising tectonics for the paper 2 report
    Hey! I’m retaking a level geography, unit 3, and I’m gonna revise water energy and biodiversity

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I am also resitting the old spec. I am doing unit 2 and 4. I was very close to an A last year year so I am hoping to pull it up to that A this summer. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by efeff)
    Hi everyone, I am also resitting the old spec. I am doing unit 2 and 4. I was very close to an A last year year so I am hoping to pull it up to that A this summer. Good Luck!
    Hey!! Same I was so close to an A as well I’m gutted haha. How are you finding revision and everything so far? I’ve started revising unit 3 content but I’m finding it kinda hard doing it independently. Like I have no clue how to revise tbh 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennp1999)
    Hey!! Same I was so close to an A as well I’m gutted haha. How are you finding revision and everything so far? I’ve started revising unit 3 content but I’m finding it kinda hard doing it independently. Like I have no clue how to revise tbh 😭
    Revision is a struggle cause I have to self teach myself all the content again. But there are still a few months to go till the exams so I am going to try and email my teachers to give me advice and resources as I threw it all in the bin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by efeff)
    Revision is a struggle cause I have to self teach myself all the content again. But there are still a few months to go till the exams so I am going to try and email my teachers to give me advice and resources as I threw it all in the bin.
    Ahh same ! It’s gonna be so hard. But I’m sure we can do it if we leave ourselves enough time! Are you planning to go to uni this year? How is your application going/where did you apply/for what?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh same ! It’s gonna be so hard. But I’m sure we can do it if we leave ourselves enough time! Are you planning to go to uni this year? How is your application going/where did you apply/for what?
    Yes I am! I applied for Loughborough, Cardiff, UEA, Birmingham and Portsmouth study Economics/Banking and finance. I got offers from all of them. I am gonna firm Loughborough as the business school is second to none. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by efeff)
    Yes I am! I applied for Loughborough, Cardiff, UEA, Birmingham and Portsmouth study Economics/Banking and finance. I got offers from all of them. I am gonna firm Loughborough as the business school is second to none. What about you?
    Ahhh Loughborough!! I applied there last year for Geography but got rejected (got ABC not AAB). It looks insane! Really loved it there. This year I’ve applied to Manchester, Leeds, York, Birmingham and Liverpool. I’ve got Conditionals from York/Birmingham, Unconditional from Liverpool and waiting for Manc/Leeds (my two faves) haha. Are you retaking any other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh Loughborough!! I applied there last year for Geography but got rejected (got ABC not AAB). It looks insane! Really loved it there. This year I’ve applied to Manchester, Leeds, York, Birmingham and Liverpool. I’ve got Conditionals from York/Birmingham, Unconditional from Liverpool and waiting for Manc/Leeds (my two faves) haha. Are you retaking any other subjects?
    Which one are you edging towards? They probably would've let you in on ABB and yeah Maths as I was a few marks shy as well in it.

ReputationRep:
    Guys would you be able to post the prerelease when it comes it's just that I'm resitting at a private college and they have no idea about it :/

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.