Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thought I would start a discussion seeming as they have had previous sky grad scheme forums before. I have applied to the marketing grad scheme, and just done my numerical test. When do they start offering telephone interviews?

ReputationRep:
    So happy someone started this thread! So I applied in Oct for the Marketing scheme too, did my tests and had my interview last Wednesday (around 1 1/2 weeks after I took the tests). Now really anxiously waiting to hear back, so would be great to hear from others if they've started inviting people to assessment centres yet or emailing out rejections yet?

ReputationRep:
    Haha no worries, I saw people create threads in previous years and I think it is nice to speak to each other instead badgering their recruitment team. I only did my tests over the weekend so good to know that no news is good news right now. I can wait a week without freaking out. Good luck!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the graduate scheme at Sky for the 2017 intake.

The process is generally application, telephone interview, assessment centre and then an offer.

I think it's fairly quick before you get called back, give it a few weeks at most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I'm on the graduate scheme at Sky for the 2017 intake.

The process is generally application, telephone interview, assessment centre and then an offer.

I think it's fairly quick before you get called back, give it a few weeks at most.
    Ah lucky you! Okay good to know, will try to wait patiently, it's been around one week so constantly checking my email! Do you know when their assessment centres in November & December are?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmnopqr)
    Ah lucky you! Okay good to know, will try to wait patiently, it's been around one week so constantly checking my email! Do you know when their assessment centres in November & December are?
    I believe they could call you to arrange things so make sure you have your phone nearby too

I don't know about specific dates I'm afraid, it varies by role. Make sure you prepare a lot, they will be asking specific questions to the role you applied for.

ReputationRep:
    For the telephone interview, what style are the questions, competency based or more specific to the marketing scheme. Just wondering how best to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I applied for the software academy pretty early in Oct. Took the SST & then the unattended coding test!

I also attended the Sky Insight event in Leeds, which was pretty cool and super helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied for the Software academy on the beginning of September, took the SST and unattended test one month ago. I have been quiet worried that I did not get any reply, as I heard that first AC is on the beginning of December. I am currently abroad and hopefully they inform people in advance . Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I did my tests over 3 weeks ago now so slightly worrying to hear it is usually 1/2 weeks! Fingers crossed ill hear something soon.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone at all heard back anything regarding assessment centres?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to the finance grad programme - has anyone heard anything on this?

ReputationRep:
    My name is Sky...I got very confused by this title. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrlthn)
    I have applied to the finance grad programme - has anyone heard anything on this?
    Done the numerical test\SJT then got invited to a logic test. Currently waiting to hear back regarding the logic test.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the marketing graduate scheme and completed the numerical tests on October 13th and haven't heard anything since. Not been invited to any further tests. Online it says my application is under consideration. Anyone else had this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALevel96)
    Done the numerical test\SJT then got invited to a logic test. Currently waiting to hear back regarding the logic test.
    I’ve also done the numberical tests & the logical tests. They asked me to complete by Thursday midnight as the process was moving quickly but haven’t heard anything further

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJenny22)
    I applied for the marketing graduate scheme and completed the numerical tests on October 13th and haven't heard anything since. Not been invited to any further tests. Online it says my application is under consideration. Anyone else had this?
    I’m in the same situation, think I took my numerical test on October 9th! Has said application under consideration for weeks now, so I’m a bit worried, although surely they’d just say if we’d failed the tests? Not sure what to think!

ReputationRep:
    I also applied for the marketing graduate scheme and completed the numerical test around October 20th. Still waiting to hear about next stage and on my online account it is also showing my application is under consideration! Hoping we all hear soon good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCullen)
    I also applied for the marketing graduate scheme and completed the numerical test around October 20th. Still waiting to hear about next stage and on my online account it is also showing my application is under consideration! Hoping we all hear soon good luck!
    I did the numerical tests and then got asked to do a logical test 2 days later.

I haven’t heard anything since, but that was only Friday. I’ve also applied for finance and marketing so not sure it will even be the same tests.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends applied last year and didn’t head for ages after the tests. He said it was because we are either on a ‘holding list’ which could be because our test results were boarderline and they want to see how other people do, or because we have been placed into batches which are doing each part of the assessment at different times with the rest of our batch.
    Still, no news is good news.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.