Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year student at Lancaster and I'm really struggling to meet a core group of friends. I'm finding it quite tough at the minute and I was wondering if anyone else was in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkwardle1)
    I'm a first year student at Lancaster and I'm really struggling to meet a core group of friends. I'm finding it quite tough at the minute and I was wondering if anyone else was in the same situation?
    r u hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkwardle1)
    It takes time to make good friends in your first year. When you start, you will meet so many people. After the first term or so, those who you connected with you will keep seeing more and may be good friends.

Have you tried things like attending clubs and societies, volunteering or talking to course mates? Try to arrange something with the people that you connect with in your free time, like a group dinner. Spending more time means you get to know each other more, and you will get closer to them as friends. In turn, if people invite you to things, accept the invitation.

There is no guaranteed way to making friends, you just have to be open-minded and confident in yourself. There are people you won't click with, but there are also people that you will connect with.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What, if any, societies have you joined?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.