Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting so bloomin fed up of uni!! Watch

all week I have felt so low and I know it is probably immature and petty of me but I really cannot help it. I have transferred to a uni close to me doing my final year. I did 2 years at a different university which I absolutely loved! everyone was so lovely, had a nice group of friends.. It was great! I had a baby so I left with a diploma and used that to get onto a top up course to make it up into a degree. When I first started, it was fine but now I have realised what is really like. I am always by myself and nobody talks to me for some reason! There are a group of girls who always ***** about someone which gets on my nerves cos I guess it shows their true colours doesn't it!

I am having a dilemma. In a class, one of the tutors decided to put us into groups to do a 10 minute presentation (grrr!) I have had a word with student support saying presentations are nervewracking and I am also Deaf and have a speech impairment so presentations are very difficult for me because I cannot pronounce my words properly and because I am also Deaf, hearing people is going to be a massive struggle if they decide to ask me questions...! They just said they can only put support in place but will not allow me to just do alternative work! I have read the assessment criteria and presentation does NOT count towards your assessment and overall grade.. Only 2 essays! So I cannot see how this is going to affect my grade seeing as it isn't graded anyway?

If I miss a lecture, I log in at the library and do some uni work there. I always clock in with my student card to show I am at uni. It shouldn't be like this. I never used to be like this but now I am anxious about presentations because of the way people are (judgmental, *****y and just so rude).. I feel like a massive failure. Again I have spoken to student support but they are not helping at all.

ReputationRep:
    I remember you posted something similar about you not being able to do the presentation. I suggested perhaps you and your group use messaging to communicate instead of talking, and perhaps you just put the presentation together instead of talking.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.