Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently at a very tricky situation regarding SFE, l appiled for 17/18 only to be told that the qualification l am going for is the same as last year. l was told its a ELQ and wont get any funding. On the 19/10 l sent in evidence from last year to show l did not get the degree and that l should be classed as not a ELQ student, as l am applying for gift year.

As you can imagine my current University are asking what is going on as they are due tution fees, l have contacted SFE, and get told that it takes 20 working days for the assessors to look at the info.

l feel that my situtation is not being looked at and fear that l will have to leave University.

Joel
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegamv6)
    I am currently at a very tricky situation regarding SFE, l appiled for 17/18 only to be told that the qualification l am going for is the same as last year. l was told its a ELQ and wont get any funding. On the 19/10 l sent in evidence from last year to show l did not get the degree and that l should be classed as not a ELQ student, as l am applying for gift year.

As you can imagine my current University are asking what is going on as they are due tution fees, l have contacted SFE, and get told that it takes 20 working days for the assessors to look at the info.

l feel that my situtation is not being looked at and fear that l will have to leave University.

Joel
    Hi Joel ,

If you were advised that you evidence would take 20 working days to be reviewed and you sent your evidence on the 19th of October this will still be waiting to be reviewed.
    You evidence is expected to be reviewed around the 20th of November. I would suggest that you discuss this with your university and explain that your are expected to be updated by this time.

Thanks
    Louise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.