Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Attendance is bad - Parents evening soon! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Like the title says my attendance sucks it's on 85% and my Punctuality is on 92%. I am at College in my second year doing a BTEC Extended Diploma in Software Development. My grades are all good I'm predicted triple D* at the end, but my Dad on the other hand will care about both, My Attendance and grades. I'm more worried about my attendance i've already messed it up from the start of this year, mainly due to oversleeping and missing some lessons. My parents evening is in 12 days time, should I just be straight with him or tell him I've just came late a couple of times. What do you guys/girls think I should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhasherzx)
    like the title says my attendance sucks it's on 85% and my punctuality is on 92%. I am at college in my second year doing a btec extended diploma in software development. My grades are all good i'm predicted triple d* at the end, but my dad on the other hand will care about both, my attendance and grades. I'm more worried about my attendance i've already messed it up from the start of this year, mainly due to oversleeping and missing some lessons. My parents evening is in 12 days time, should i just be straight with him or tell him i've just came late a couple of times. What do you guys/girls think i should do?
    What do YOU think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Spearing)
    What do YOU think?
    Not sure, that is why I posted a QUESTION.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xHasherzx)
    Like the title says my attendance sucks it's on 85% and my Punctuality is on 92%. I am at College in my second year doing a BTEC Extended Diploma in Software Development. My grades are all good I'm predicted triple D* at the end, but my Dad on the other hand will care about both, My Attendance and grades. I'm more worried about my attendance i've already messed it up from the start of this year, mainly due to oversleeping and missing some lessons. My parents evening is in 12 days time, should I just be straight with him or tell him I've just came late a couple of times. What do you guys/girls think I should do?
    If you're in the second year of college, you're on your way to being an adult, if not already (17 or 18?) - at the end of the day, a parents evening for what is realistically an adult is a bit absurd.

If he's dead set on going (I don't recall ever having a parents evening, but hey ho) then explain the situation beforehand. Your college education is your responsibility, and your parents shouldn't really be having as much as an input as they did with your previous schooling.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell them. its not a big deal. it definitely wont matter in the future

ReputationRep:
    Not responding to you anymore, stupid internet troll.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Spearing)
    What do YOU think?
    (Original post by Tomas Darcy)
    What do YOU think?
    So obvious this is the same person :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    If you're in the second year of college, you're on your way to being an adult, if not already (17 or 18?) - at the end of the day, a parents evening for what is realistically an adult is a bit absurd.

If he's dead set on going (I don't recall ever having a parents evening, but hey ho) then explain the situation beforehand. Your college education is your responsibility, and your parents shouldn't really be having as much as an input as they did with your previous schooling.
    I'm 17 and it's my College they have a stupid policy where if you are under 18, they literally email/text parents about parents evening and I even need parental consent for other stuff like giving in an abscence form or work experience form and yeah my Dad is dead set on parents evening he went to every single one of mine at School.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and it's my College they have a stupid policy where if you are under 18, they literally email/text parents about parents evening and I even need parental consent for other stuff like giving in an abscence form or work experience form and yeah my Dad is dead set on parents evening he went to every single one of mine at School.
    Sigh... bureaucracy gone mad..

You'll just have to explain the situation to him.

ReputationRep:
    Do they know that parents evening is coming up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.