Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone,
    I am an international student with A* in Further Maths, Maths , Chem, Bio and Phy. I also have a in AS General Paper and French. I have 2 weeks of work experience at a clinic and 5 months at an attorney’s office. I also have a BSc Honors in IT which I did because I was bored. However, I only have 8A* at o level (the maximum my school allowed me to take) and did really bad at the BMAT. Do you think I will get an interview?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farheen613)
    Hey Everyone,
    I am an international student with A* in Further Maths, Maths , Chem, Bio and Phy. I also have a in AS General Paper and French. I have 2 weeks of work experience at a clinic and 5 months at an attorney’s office. I also have a BSc Honors in IT which I did because I was bored. However, I only have 8A* at o level (the maximum my school allowed me to take) and did really bad at the BMAT. Do you think I will get an interview?
    you don't have long to find out now anyway.

How low are we talking for BMAT?

Those grades look incredibly promising though, so it may depend on your PS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    you don't have long to find out now anyway.

How low are we talking for BMAT?

Those grades look incredibly promising though, so it may depend on your PS
    Really bad on the BMAT 😬 i havent even finished section 1 and my essay for section 3 was awfully bad.
    I really hope I get the interview and still the probability of getting in is next to O. Cambridge take a minuscule amount of overseas students for medicine 😕

ReputationRep:
    Your other stats are really good, other uni's will accept you
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Really bad on the BMAT 😬 i havent even finished section 1 and my essay for section 3 was awfully bad.
    I really hope I get the interview and still the probability of getting in is next to O. Cambridge take a minuscule amount of overseas students for medicine 😕
    Think positive

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone,
    You should pray pray and pray. Pray to god and u will surely find a way. Hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmad Sauyack)
    You should pray pray and pray. Pray to god and u will surely find a way. Hope it helps.
    Definitely dear Ahmad. U seem to be a very wise man xD

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't ~90% of applicants get an interview? Haven't looked into Cambridge much but that's a figure I've seen flying around here a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely dear Ahmad. U seem to be a very wise man xD
    Wisdom comes from prayers and prayers come from wise persons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't ~90% of applicants get an interview? Haven't looked into Cambridge much but that's a figure I've seen flying around here a lot.
    This is for uk residents from what i have read. It is much more selective for international students because there are extremely few places

ReputationRep:
    This is for uk residents from what i have read. It is much more selective for international students because there are extremely few places
    Ah I see. Well, your stats look incredible and I am wishing you all the best! At Cambridge, I hear it depends on the college so maybe look at the college websites, old threads from previous years, or some freedom of information requests (whatdotheyknow.com) to get some more information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Ah I see. Well, your stats look incredible and I am wishing you all the best! At Cambridge, I hear it depends on the college so maybe look at the college websites, old threads from previous years, or some freedom of information requests (whatdotheyknow.com) to get some more information
    I have been doing just that since I butchered the BMAT. My application was allocated to Robinson College. It is one of the smaller and less rich college so logically they will not have the means to interview a lot of people and especially overseas ones who will be provided accommodation if needed. Also they require 10+ in the BMAT (section 1 and 2 combined) and thats very hard to get 😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmad Sauyack)
    abizer sanla man
    English please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.