The Student Room Group

ACA Case Study 8th November 2017

How did everyone find it?
Reply 1
I found R3 really weird. R1 and R2 were alright, but am worried that my answers for those two won't be good enough to salvage the disaster that was R3 :frown: How about you?
Time pressure for R3 was really my downfall and I hope I did enough to get through that question. Do you have to get over 50% in every question?
Reply 3
R1 and R2 were fine but very time pressured! R3 was very strange - not seen anything like that so not sure if what I was writing was relevant at all?! 🙈
Reply 4
Had the exact same issues. No idea what the hell they really wanted people to mention in R3 so spent way too long trying to find SOMETHING so then was really under time pressure to get something half decent done... not convinced I got 5 boxes competent at all there or and the ES part for it. Then again I thought I'd failed TIs too. Don't even know how to feel tbh.
Same here, felt really depressed when I was struggling to finish R3. I thought I did well in R1 & R2 but I'm nervous as all the examiners warn that R3 is the downfall of many failing scripts.

R3 was very light compared to other two sections - glad that someone created this thread as I feel less alone, although this will not compensate for failing CS.

Wishing everyone the very best of luck
Original post by samiz20891
Time pressure for R3 was really my downfall and I hope I did enough to get through that question. Do you have to get over 50% in every question?

I don't think this is a hard and fast rule. Also, from what I understand the marks are moderated as well. I'm sure I haven't scored 50% and I'm an optimistic person.
Reply 7
Original post by bluemoodindigo
Same here, felt really depressed when I was struggling to finish R3. I thought I did well in R1 & R2 but I'm nervous as all the examiners warn that R3 is the downfall of many failing scripts.

R3 was very light compared to other two sections - glad that someone created this thread as I feel less alone, although this will not compensate for failing CS.

Wishing everyone the very best of luck

So annoying! I honestly think there wasn't enough to write about and even the calculation they wanted was a bit vague! Least everyone pretty much feels the same and as you said they will be moderated accordingly.

This is my second attempt I failed R2 and R1 last time so it will be annoying if I fail just on r3 this time!!

Best of luck for the 15th
Original post by BenMcfc11
So annoying! I honestly think there wasn't enough to write about and even the calculation they wanted was a bit vague! Least everyone pretty much feels the same and as you said they will be moderated accordingly.

This is my second attempt I failed R2 and R1 last time so it will be annoying if I fail just on r3 this time!!

Best of luck for the 15th

Do they give you a breakdown of each requirement? Or do you have to request it?
Reply 9
Original post by bluemoodindigo
Do they give you a breakdown of each requirement? Or do you have to request it?

Had to pay £25 to get a breakdown!

Didn't really have a clue what I was doing last time, gone with ACA simplified this time who were really good, just hope it was enough to pass!
Original post by BenMcfc11
Had to pay £25 to get a breakdown!

Didn't really have a clue what I was doing last time, gone with ACA simplified this time who were really good, just hope it was enough to pass!

All I can say is best of luck! Def worth the £25 if I fail though :frown:
Hope you've all been as pleasantly surprised as I was a couple of hours ago. Congrats everyone - no more exams! :smile:
Reply 12
Yeah finally no more exams!! Hope everyone else passed
Reply 13
Did anyone sit SBM yesterday?

If so what did you think.

I didn’t get round to writing any due dilligence procedures... was too time pressured
so sad...i dont have enough time to finish the case study. Only got 30 minutes to complete R3. I think i will fail this round although i think the question was quite easy.

Quick Reply

Latest